Salzburg Transportation Tips by TinKan
Salzburg Transportation: 164 reviews and 190 photos
Cars and parking
You may try to drive in town but you cannot have a car in the old section of town unless you are a resident and have a pass. You are better off parking your rental or own car in the underground parking that is under the big hill.
The parking was cheap and the tickets for driving in the center of the old town are not.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Once again… another city and another carriage ride.
The price for the ride was a little more than we have paid in most cities but the driver was so informative and funny that we enjoyed it more than anyplace we have been.
You get a one-hour tour of the city for around $40 USD that is not to bad.
Make sure you look for a driver that speaks English, as this will make your trip more enjoyable.
The Salzburg Pass is the best value for money that we have found in any tourist town anywhere in the world. This pass will get you on all the public transport in and around Salzburg.
The bus is very clean and very very efficient. There is a central bus and train station (Hauptbahnho) in the newer part of the city where you can transfer to other routes. You can get a free bus route map at the main station or at one of the many tourist kiosks dotted around town.
There was a party at the train station the day we were there.
More Reviews (27)
- See All Original Salzburg Mozartkugel
- See All Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- See All Shopping Halls
- See All Self-contained city
- See All Residenz art show
TinKan's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 30 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (104)
- Hohensalzburg Fortress- 195 Reviews, 329 Photos
- Mozart's House- 98 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Mirabell Garden & Castle- 137 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Sound of Music Tour- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Getreidegasse- 47 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Dome and Cathedral- 87 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Schloss Hellbrunn- 44 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Salt Mines- 21 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Altstadt- 46 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Cemetery- 33 Reviews, 51 Photos
See All Salzburg Things to Do