"Salzburg - Austria" Salzburg by TinKan
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,587 reviews and 5,966 photos
Salzburg is the city of Mozart, music, chocolate and churches. The city of Salzburg has so much packed in to such a small area which makes it easy to see much of it in a short amount of time..
For the most part you would think that you were in just another town in Germany and that the people there were just Germans that found a better place to live but you would be wrong. The people here have a national pride that is seen with all the flags and the traditions that is for sure all Austrian. On just about every corner and hanging from almost every building in the old city is symbol of pride, an Austrian flag.
There are so many little coffee shops and places to eat that there can be not just one place to go. I found it best to see the city by going from coffee shop to coffee shop sitting outside in their little area and watching the world go by. I was amazed at how much of a difference one could see from just being down the road 20 meters or so, every place I sat gave me a new prospective of the city.
The old city is a mirage of small streets and passageways with some little chocolate place or some little shop just waiting to be found and explored.
Several places are a must see here. Like the fortress on the hill and Hellbrunn Place as well as any park or zoo that you can find.
Some places are a big miss like the Mozart house and the sound of music tour. I think the price is just way to high for the Mozart house (6 euros) but if you get the Salzburg pass (A MUST DO) then it is included so you should go and see it.
- Pros:People, coffee, parties
- Cons:$$, parking
- In a nutshell:I still love this city for the nightlife
While in Salzburg you must stop in the shop to get some of the Original Salzburg Mozartkugel. The Mozartkugel is a small... more travel advice
Along many of the hallways around the old town of Salzburg you can find many places to satisfy that shopping need that... more travel advice
- See All Residenz art show
- See All Good selfcooked breakfast
- See All Park the car
- Opera House
TinKan's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 30 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues