"Vienna, Austria" Vienna by TinKan

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,421 reviews and 18,510 photos

OK....... this is the first time I have been back here in years. This time I had my digital camera with me and did not have to work.

It is not easy getting here from Portugal as there are no direct flights so we had to go through Frankfurt, which was funny as our layover is during the world cup game between Germany and the USA, the piolt kept us all informed of the game when we were airborne.

We were able to get some great tickets for the Spanish Riding School Graduation show. The lady at the ticket counter (Susan) is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. If you go, stop and say hello to her and give her a little smile. Remember she has been dealing with crazy tourist all day long.

This trip was so much fun (except for the heat).

The last time I was in Vienna was for work and went with a stuffy old Brit and a penny-pinching German.

Check out the Travel logs for pictures of the palace, the zoo and some of the many other hot spots in and around Vienna (Wien).

• Pros:Relaxing big city
  • Cons:To hot durring the summer
  • In a nutshell:Great place to walk and sing
  • Last visit to Vienna: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2003

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 7:27 AM

I was in Vienna in May this year. Although I found it very pretty I found it difficult to get excited over the city. Sounds like the price of the horse and carriage is as much or more than a gondola ride in Venice.

• diver-x's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2003 at 4:10 PM

I wish we could have seen Wien in the summer! We were there in January! Burr! Your pictures and tips are wonderful!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2003 at 11:25 AM

Great pictures and info! I just had ten hours in Vienna this summer and saw the Schönbrunn and Stephensdome.

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 9:20 PM

Another place I'd love to visit. Great intro and beautiful travelog.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2003 at 9:18 AM

You're right - it is darn hot in the summer! All the better to enjoy the wine.

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 5:35 PM

Thanks! Love the butterflies. Wonderful amount of information, and lovely pics.

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 5:21 PM

Orange-haired Jegermeister peddlers, oh my.

• eelaine's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2003 at 2:55 AM

amazing pix and tips! i'm dying for some schnitzel now.. :) thanks for the great page..

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2003 at 11:13 AM

was back to check your page about my favourite city, great photos (love the butterflies) but you missed my alsolute favourite statue - Beethoven.

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2003 at 6:03 AM

Interesting read as always. Of course Austrians are proud, but I think the Frenchies have a much higher nationalistic pride...almost too much there. Anyhow, great page!

TinKan

“Respect others way of life. Respect will bring respect.”

Badges & Stats in Vienna