"Monsanto - Portugal" Monsanto by TinKan
Monsanto Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 142 photos
You can see forever from this old "rock" village. Each bit of open land on top of the hill is used for farming.
The village is built into the side of the rocks with big boulders used for the sides of some of the older buildings.
This village was voted "Most Portuguese village in Portugal".
As you can see this village does have electricty but I must say it looked strange to see a light post in the middle of... more travel advice
Please respect the local people and their way of life. They are simple folks and still enjoy their life the way they... more travel advice
TinKan's Related Pages
Monsanto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portugal's 'Most Portugese' Village ?"
- "Monsanto - a beautiful village in Portugal"
- "Nature and architecture meet"
- "Monsanto - Portugal"
- "Monsanto Historical Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monsanto
- Hotels in Monsanto
- Transportation in Monsanto
- Restaurants in Monsanto
- Warnings and Dangers in Monsanto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monsanto
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Monsanto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monsanto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues