"Mt Pilar" Paços de Ferreira by TinKan
Paços de Ferreira Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 5 photos
The town of Paços de Ferreira is known throughout Portugal and throughout the rest of Europe as the furniture capitol of Europe. There are about 2000 furniture-manufacturing places here and each manufacture has some sort of shop to sell their wares.
The town has some good restaurants that cover every type of food from traditional Portuguese to Tai and Italian. There are no hotels that I could find but they are two good pensions that are cheap and clean.
There is a motorcycle ace and some hiking tournaments that are held in the hills around the town each year as well as one of the big Portuguese road rallies.
We spent many days working here at the radar site in the hills above the town at a place called Pilar.
- Pros:Cheap, Quiet, Good nightlife
- Cons:A long way from Porto
- In a nutshell:A cool little place to hunt for the things you want.
There are many places to go hiking in and around the area. If you want to see great views of the city of Porto then you... more travel advice
Another place on the top of Pilar is the Military radar site. The radar sits ontop of a very large granite stone and is... more travel advice
TinKan's Related Pages
Paços de Ferreira Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paços de Ferreira
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Paços de Ferreira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paços de Ferreira
Photos in Paços de FerreiraSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues