"Pompei - Italy" Pompeii by TinKan
Pompeii Travel Guide: 1,003 reviews and 2,808 photos
Pompei is one of the wildest and weirdest places I have been to.
The ruins change each time I go there and I see something different each time I go which is one of the reasons I like to go here
I have been here about 10 times in the last 15 years and it just gets better and better as they are still doing allot of excavation around the area and are constantly finding new things.
We did a one day bus tour this time from Rome so we did not get much time there but we did benefit from having a guided tour with an English speaking guide which was a first for me.
I tend to stay away from guided tours when I am at ruins as you only get to see what the guide wants you to see but we enjoyed the tour very much.
- Pros:Informative, cheep day out
- Cons:hot in summer, many tourist durring the high season
- In a nutshell:Good place to go for a tay trip and to learn.
Pompei ruins cover a large area and not all of it has been uncovered yet. You will get a full day of sunshine and... more travel advice
There are two mills in the ruins. You can see here the big grinders that were used to grind the wheat and other grains... more travel advice
TinKan's Related Pages
Pompeii Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wonderful Roman town of Pompei"
- "The Dead City"
- "Striding across Pompei"
- "Frozen in time"
- "Pompeii: Rising from the Ashes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pompeii
- Hotels in Pompeii
- Transportation in Pompeii
- Nightlife in Pompeii
- Restaurants in Pompeii
- Shopping in Pompeii
- Warnings and Dangers in Pompeii
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pompeii
- 17 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Pompeii?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pompeii
Photos in PompeiiSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues