"Tabuk, Saudi Arabia" Tabuk by TinKan
Tabuk Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 4 photos
I spent two years here and am still looking for all the photos.
Once I find the photos I will put loads of info here.
Tabuk is an awesome place if you do not mind living by the Saudi rules and respecting their way of life.
It is a cheap place to live and you are close to the red sea if you are a scuba diver and most people go to the beach every weekend. Some of the companies restrict your movements and do not allow you to go outside of the city limits and this can make Tabuk a bad place, as once you have been around the town there is not much else to do.
I was working on the Peace Shield program with Hughes Aircraft as a Communications consultant. It was great living and working there as I am a scuba diver and the beach is only 1.5 hours away. I was able to get in 8 dives a weekend. I know much has changed there since I left there 6 years ago and the rules for westerners have changed a bit.
- Pros:Great friendly people, cheap to live
- Cons:Saudi restriction for westerners, culture shock
- In a nutshell:A great place to experance a different culture
I enjoyed living in Tabuk as it was a small town and the people here were for the most part friendly and nice. I did... more travel advice
The souk in Tabuk is a great place to shop and the prices are great on just about anything you want to buy. Here in the... more travel advice
TinKan's Related Pages
Tabuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tabuk, Saudi Arabia"
- "in the desert near tabuk"
- "Short Term working in Tabuk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tabuk
- Hotels in Tabuk
- Transportation in Tabuk
- Restaurants in Tabuk
- Shopping in Tabuk
- Warnings and Dangers in Tabuk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tabuk
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Tabuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tabuk
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues