"Tabuk, Saudi Arabia" Tabuk by TinKan

Tabuk Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 4 photos

Living and working in Saudi Arabia

I spent two years here and am still looking for all the photos.

Once I find the photos I will put loads of info here.

Tabuk is an awesome place if you do not mind living by the Saudi rules and respecting their way of life.

It is a cheap place to live and you are close to the red sea if you are a scuba diver and most people go to the beach every weekend. Some of the companies restrict your movements and do not allow you to go outside of the city limits and this can make Tabuk a bad place, as once you have been around the town there is not much else to do.

I was working on the Peace Shield program with Hughes Aircraft as a Communications consultant. It was great living and working there as I am a scuba diver and the beach is only 1.5 hours away. I was able to get in 8 dives a weekend. I know much has changed there since I left there 6 years ago and the rules for westerners have changed a bit.

• Pros:Great friendly people, cheap to live
  • Cons:Saudi restriction for westerners, culture shock
  • In a nutshell:A great place to experance a different culture
  • Last visit to Tabuk: Jun 1997
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2004

• Nov 15, 2003 at 2:55 AM

hiya tinkan, i'm a teenager living in tabuk at the moment and in the last 2 years it has changed dramatically! being female i find it hard to cope there but recently this year it has become unbearable!! i cant understand y u like it!! sorry!!

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2003 at 1:10 PM

I'd love to hear more about Tabuk. Please find your pics. Bec :-)

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2003 at 7:33 PM

I wouldn't mind living in Saudi Arabia for a while. Hope you find your pictures soon.

• Mar 22, 2003 at 4:22 AM

An Ex-Tabukie. Your page bought back some great memories.

• seratonin's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2003 at 6:59 AM

I hope you'll find your other pictures soon! Good start!

TinKan

“Respect others way of life. Respect will bring respect.”

Badges & Stats in Tabuk