Antoneys Cay Things to Do Tips by TinKan
Antoneys Cay Things to Do: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Always a smile
While we were staying at AKR we got a chance to learn about dolphins and had the pleasure of swimming with them in their world.
The facilities at AKR are very good for learning about the dolphins and the instructors knew every thing I could ask.
Directions: The dolphin encounter is located on Baileys Cay which is a small cay located on the AKR resort area.
The picture here shows the dive sites that are frequented by AKR. Each of the sites has something unique to offer in the way of fish, coral and other underwater wonders.
One of the nicest things is that you will dive a different site each dive and never dive the same spot twice in your week long visit.
Directions: Most of the dive sites that AKR dives at are within a few minutes boat ride of AKR and the great boat captains will make sure you get there.
Pic by Ron Pycraft
The Agular is an older wreck that sits in about 80 to 120 feet of water. There are two resident moray eels that can be found here that are very friendly. The larger of the eels (a green one) will come up to you and tap you. (Remember to not feed them or put your fingers out). There is a very nice swim through at the bow of the wreck which is facing the reef and shore. While going through the swim through you will notice loads of small glass fish.
Directions: The Agular is an older wreck that sits in about 80 to 120 feet of water. So I guess you will have to dive. The site is about 2 mile north of AKR on the west shore.
Look what she found
You can snorkle right in the bay at AKR and see all kinds of beautiful underwater life.
Dion found this lovley looking starfish and just had to show it to her folks who had never snorkled in the ocean before. I think they enjoyed the warm water and sunshine..
The dolphin show at AKR is free and is a must see for both young and old alike.
There are two shows each day and the show last about 30 minutes.
The dolphins are the same ones you will be able to see and feel on the dolphin dive and snorkel.
More Reviews (33)
- See All Shore Diving
- See All Scuba Diving with AKR
- See All Food, Food and more food
- See All Happy hour - Island style
- See All Front desk help
- Pictures and videos
TinKan's Related Pages
Antoneys Cay Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Antoneys Cay
- Hotels in Antoneys Cay
- Transportation in Antoneys Cay
- Nightlife in Antoneys Cay
- Restaurants in Antoneys Cay
- Shopping in Antoneys Cay
- Warnings and Dangers in Antoneys Cay
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shreveport Hotels
- Dumaguete City
- Craig Key Hotels
- Highland Hotels
- Asos Hotels
Badges & Stats in Antoneys Cay
- 38 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Antoneys Cay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antoneys Cay
Photos in Antoneys CaySee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues