"Anthony's Key - Roatan - Honduras" Antoneys Cay by TinKan

Antoneys Cay Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 83 photos

A great place to SCUBA dive

At Anthony's Key Resort, which is where we stayed, you can take a scuba class to begin you Scuba life or take a specialty class in Rescue, Advanced, Underwater photographer, night diver or one of any of the other classes offered by this 5 star PADI center.
You can even do your IDC here if you want or you can learn to snorkel.
This was a great place to swim with the dolphins and all at your own pace.

Check out the accommodations tips for more information about AKR.

Nice room

This time we stayed in the Standard Key room without air conditioning.
The room was great and we were able to watch the sun rise each morning. We had a very nice breeze each night and could listen to the birds and other animals on the key.

Bring a friend

This place is so much fun and the beauty that you will find here can not be matched any place else in the world. We took Dion's family with us this last trip in September and got the a room with ajoining patios and air conditioning which worked out very well.

So far to date we have made five trips to Roatan and AKR.

Dec/Jan 2003
March 2003
September 2003
March 2004
Sept/Oct 2004
Feb/Mar 2005
Sept/Oct 2005

That free trip is just around the corner...

• Pros:Great location, cost, diving and the people
  • Cons:none that I have found
  • In a nutshell:A great place to SCUBA dive, relax and enjoy life
  • Last visit to Antoneys Cay: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2005

• Aug 25, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Keith & Dion, just checking out the site and thought I'd say Hey.Leaving for No Cal next week to see Bob and Marilyn.Email me soon. Gotta get Dwight in the water without blowing out the ears. Love your site here. Hope to hear from you soon. Lisa

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Great page on AKR, Keith! Makes me want to go back RIGHT NOW (sigh). Next time I'll have to split my time btw AKR & the Reef House Resort, for a little of both sides of the island.

• Quero's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 7:35 PM

Have heard so much about diving Roatan and also Utila. Must put this on the list!

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 2:31 PM

Very good tips on traveling! I never thought about keeping my C Card nor my mask in my carry-on, but excellant advice for a diver!

• amapola66's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 11:47 AM

Hello TinKan. I am really enjoying your tips here, especially Honduras. Wow, you have covered some ground - Great photos, I love that huge starfish too!

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 8:03 PM

How about a little VT meeting here at the end of September? Send me an email....

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 7:40 AM

Lovely front-desk ladies.... What's their number?

• Feb 22, 2005 at 2:49 AM

So are the dolphins free or are they netted off from the open sea?

• Oct 10, 2004 at 11:21 AM

Should one take malaria pills togoto Roatan?

• UWCAVEMAN's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 8:57 AM

Enjoy your trip. Good luck with all. We will not be down till probably October. But that being our 4th trip there this year seems pretty good. Still never enough time to plan and get everything done.

TinKan

“Respect others way of life. Respect will bring respect.”

Badges & Stats in Antoneys Cay

Have you been to Antoneys Cay?

Latest Activity in Antoneys Cay