"Coxen Hole - Island de Roatan - Honduras" Roatán Town by TinKan
Roatán Town Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 81 photos
Coxen Hole is the largest town and the capital of the Bay Islands and the locals call the town Roatan.
Coxen Hole is the major hub for politics on Roatan with the municipal, immigration, courthouse, hospital clinic, and banks centrally located. Although there are not many tourist attractions in the city there are some very nice gift shops and island restaurants. The rich culture of the island people that make up Coxen Hole makes for a unique atmosphere that most people find very intriguing. The city is also the gateway to Roatan where the ferry boats from the mainland and other Bay Islands arrives. The airport is located on the out skirts of the city that is actually within walking distance if you feel up to exercise.
There is regular bus service and taxi service to West End, French Harbor and Oak Ridge. Establish your rates in advance. Ask taxi drivers for a rate sheet.
MORE TO COME
As with any tourist supported town you will find the prices go up and down depending on the status of the curise ships.... more travel advice
Que Tal Cafeteria is located in Coxen Hole next to the Casi Todo Bookstore. Deli sandwiches, fresh fruit frescos and... more travel advice
TinKan's Related Pages
Roatán Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coxen Hole - Island de Roatan - Honduras"
- "Honey Moon at Roatan"
- "Roatan, Honduras"
- "Hi from summy Roatan, Honduras"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roatán Town
- Hotels in Roatán Town
- Transportation in Roatán Town
- Restaurants in Roatán Town
- Shopping in Roatán Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Roatán Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roatán Town
- 8 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Roatán Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roatán Town
Photos in Roatán TownSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues