"Utila - Bay Islands - Honduras" Isla de Utila by TinKan
Isla de Utila Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 15 photos
Utila is a different world to mainland Honduras because of the British influence on the Bay Islands for 300 years. The island is mostly uninhabited except for the small fishing village of East Harbor with a population of 6000. The main language on the island is English whereas mainland Honduras uses Spanish. Historically Utila was largely a fishing and agrarian community. Its claim to fame is that Henry Morgan's treasure is buried somewhere on the Island.
TinKan's Related Pages
Isla de Utila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Utila - great dive island"
- "Utila a Diver's paradise"
- "Utila - Bay Islands - Honduras"
- "Utila, a small island with big fish"
- "Whale Shark Diving with DeepBlueUtila.com"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Utila
- Hotels in Isla de Utila
- Restaurants in Isla de Utila
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Utila
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla de Utila
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Isla de Utila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Utila
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues