"TinKan's Austria Page" Austria by TinKan
Austria Travel Guide: 18,894 reviews and 51,009 photos
The first thing you will notice when you drive from Oberammergau to Salzburg via Innsbruck is the amount of times that you pass between the two countries of Germany and Austria. I counted five times that I had passed between the two (I am so thankful that the borders are now open).
The second thing that you will notice is the change from everything being sharp, precise and spotless to used, worn and cozy. I am not complaining as it felt more real driving through Austria as it looked "lived in" and did not have a fake feel to it. Something you will NOT notice is a big change in the language between the two areas (Bavaria and Austria) as both speak a dialect of German.
Make sure that when you do pass the last border crossing that you stop at the tourist information shop as they have some good info and some good maps as well as some ideas as to where to go and what to see along the way to Innsbruck and Salzburg.
Make sure that you have lots of film and enjoy the drive. Make a lot of stops along the road to enjoy the sights as there is some breath taking sights to be seen.
Life here is so different.
Schönbrunn Palace is one of the largest in Austria and is one of the major tourist attractions around the area of Vienna... more travel advice
This was one of those little towns that we stopped in while we were driving to Salzburg from Munich. The funniest this... more travel advice
TinKan's Related Pages
Austria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austria - Where to go and what to do !"
- "Classy Austria"
- "Paul2001's Austria Page"
- "4 Visits and 1 conclusion... Stunning!!"
- "VT meeting in Pisa"
- "Country of mountains, country of streams..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austria
- Hotels in Austria
- Transportation in Austria
- Nightlife in Austria
- Restaurants in Austria
- Shopping in Austria
- Warnings and Dangers in Austria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Austria
- 80 Reviews
- 153 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Austria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austria
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues