"Welcome to TinKan's World Travels" TinKan's Profile
Time is something we cannot replace and history is something we as humans are always trying to change to suit our needs. Take the time to discover the history of the places that you visit. You will learn so much about us humans when you do.
Note about the Las Vegas picture: The picture was taken out of the 33rd floor suite through the tinted window... Took like 12 shots to get it right...
Well I have now been on Virtual Tourist long enough that it is time to change my home page. Many of you know me or have chatted with me via e-mail or in the VT chat room and know a little bit about me and the places I have been in the world. I love to travel and have been lucky enough to have a job that has taken me all over the world.
I have been a traveler since I was a little kid thanks to my mother. She made sure that when we were growing up that we got to see our own country by car, a big green country squire station wagon, and I thank her for that as it gave me the want to travel the world to see how the rest of the world lived. For this I can never repay her enough.
When I was 17 I had decided that the best way for me to see the world and to make money while doing it was to join the US Air Force so that is what I did when I turned 18. I spent 15 of the best years of my life in the Air Force traveling around to places like Germany, Belgium, Central America, Asia and a few places I can not talk about. The thirst for new cultures was even stronger after living in Germany. I took a special assignment with NATO in Belgium in a job that kept me traveling all over every NATO country for 10 years and in that 10 years I was able to visit all of the NATO countries at least once.
After leaving the military I just had to get back on the road so I decided that I would be a communications consultant and as my specialty was military communications what better way than to work with military contracts. This was a good move as the first place I was able to go to was the Middle East which has become one of the best experiences in my life. Never had I been in an area that was so different than the rest of the world and so enriched with history. After a few years in Saudi Arabia and Jordan as well as a few visits to some of the other countries in the area I found my self in sunny southern California, Now not being a big fan of having some one tell me how to live and where I could smoke and such I decided that it was time for me to hit the road again. This time my travels took me back to one of my favorite countries, Portugal.
I spent 3 great years in Portugal and found a lovely lady working for the same company as I did and we hit it off. This was Dion’s first time to live outside the USA and I could see the same travel bug in her as I knew I had. Dion and I are both scuba divers and she love the travel and surprises of the different cultures of each of the places that we visit.
In July of 2002 we moved back to California (company headquarters) and have now been back here for a little over a year now. In April of 2003 I started a new job with one of the major aerospace companies working in the communications field which I do enjoy. It is nice to start a new project and see it work for the first time.
As for vacations and travel there has not been much since coming back to the states except a few trips to Solvang and a few other little side trips here and there in California. We have taken a few trips to a small island called Roatan and have fallen in love with it.
I hope you enjoy my pages as much as I have enjoyed visiting the places and making the page. Please take the time to get to know each place you visit and learn about the people of each of the places because the real secret to any place is the people.
This is the latest addition to our family. Dion and I got this little puppy on May 17 2003. Her name is Bica (a short Portuguese coffee) and she was born on March 8 2003.
Do not forget that you need to select the "View all travel pages"
to see all the pages that are here.
Please remember that most (if not all) pictures located on my pages are mine and were taken by me and are not to be used anyplace else without asking me first
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 935 Reviews
- 1,955 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 130 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Anaheim California Meeting"
- TinKan and Jmill42 are now friends.
- Commented on annk's profile page
- updated a Hereford Travel Page "Hereford - Arizona - USA"
- Posted in Travel Forum "RE: RE: portugal"
- Wrote a Review Silver Bullet about Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to TinKan's World Travels"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos