"The Jewel of Northern Cyprus" Karpasia by Loubna

Karpasia Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 32 photos

Summer 2003, three friends and myself decided to explore the Northern part of island. We crossed the check point in Nicosia and rented a car and little did we know that we will find a little of paradise :o)
Our aim was to go to the northern tip of the island and just see what we can find. Driving to the top of the hill we stopped and looked back to the view on the main photo on my home page, absolutely stunning!!

This is a must if you are visiting Cyprus as it might not stay like this for a long time. Property developers are vey greedy and over the past three summers we have seen many new projects. Quite a few locals are trying to get a natural reserve for the peninsula but money might just win at the end.

The best beach

This is my favourite beach on the whole island. Not many people, no shops, no hotels and no spoiling. This is the beach where the turtles in the Med sea come to lay their eggs in the summer. Access after 8 pm is discouraged to allow the turtles to come without fear on the beach around June and July. August is month when the eggs hatch. I stay at a great place, Hasan's turtle beach (see the tip on accommodation). Met some great people here and funnily enough most of them are from Nicosia.

Spend the day on the beach, sleep in the afternoon and swim in the clean and very clear blue sea. The neighbours on the beach would be some distance away so very private :o)

The drive back

On the way I have often been lucky enough to watch the sunset over the sea. As a nature lover this was a great end to many very enjoyable weekends :o)

Check out also the travel logue, the Jewel of Northern Cyprus, for more photos

• Pros:Everything :o)
  • In a nutshell:A must if you are visiting Cyprus
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2005

• Apr 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM

thanks for great advice. i am going to be happy at hasan's!

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2005 at 6:13 PM

Hi Loubna, Hasan's place sounds good! Hope your back is easier and does not become chronic. :) Lesley

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2005 at 8:13 AM

So good to see places I have been to so many times for scuba diving and swimming in deep blue Mediterranean,wishing you happy days in Cyprus.

• Profsmiley's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 6:37 AM

Loubna, great and accurate tips for this very special location! Thanks for sharing!

Loubna

“It's all up to you!”

Badges & Stats in Karpasia

Have you been to Karpasia?

Latest Activity in Karpasia