"The Jewel of Northern Cyprus" Karpasia by Loubna
Karpasia Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 35 photos
Summer 2003, three friends and myself decided to explore the Northern part of island. We crossed the check point in Nicosia and rented a car and little did we know that we will find a little of paradise :o)
Our aim was to go to the northern tip of the island and just see what we can find. Driving to the top of the hill we stopped and looked back to the view on the main photo on my home page, absolutely stunning!!
This is a must if you are visiting Cyprus as it might not stay like this for a long time. Property developers are vey greedy and over the past three summers we have seen many new projects. Quite a few locals are trying to get a natural reserve for the peninsula but money might just win at the end.
This is my favourite beach on the whole island. Not many people, no shops, no hotels and no spoiling. This is the beach where the turtles in the Med sea come to lay their eggs in the summer. Access after 8 pm is discouraged to allow the turtles to come without fear on the beach around June and July. August is month when the eggs hatch. I stay at a great place, Hasan's turtle beach (see the tip on accommodation). Met some great people here and funnily enough most of them are from Nicosia.
Spend the day on the beach, sleep in the afternoon and swim in the clean and very clear blue sea. The neighbours on the beach would be some distance away so very private :o)
The drive back
On the way I have often been lucky enough to watch the sunset over the sea. As a nature lover this was a great end to many very enjoyable weekends :o)
Check out also the travel logue, the Jewel of Northern Cyprus, for more photos
- Pros:Everything :o)
- In a nutshell:A must if you are visiting Cyprus
It is not a danger but more of a warning, this place is very natural and does not necessarily suit everyone. The... more travel advice
If it is the righ season then ask Hasan to take you to wait for the turtles to come lay their eggs or for the eggs to... more travel advice
Written Sep 22, 2005
Written Nov 12, 2005
The Jewel of Northern Cyprus
Loubna's Related Pages
Karpasia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Jewel of Northern Cyprus"
- "Hidden Gem of Northern Cyprus"
- "A corner of Heaven"
- "Karpas Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karpasia
- Hotels in Karpasia
- Nightlife in Karpasia
- Restaurants in Karpasia
- Warnings and Dangers in Karpasia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karpasia
- 11 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Karpasia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karpasia
Photos in KarpasiaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Intro, 31 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 3 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karpasia Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lebanon Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellapais Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues