"Mohammedia ~ Fedala" Mohammedia by Loubna
Mohammedia Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
A little geography and history
Mohammedia is situated between Casablanca and Rabat on the Atlantic Ocean. It used to be a little fishing village named Fedala and the name was changed in 1960. It is well known in Morocco as a summer holiday place. Many people from Casablanca come here in the summer to make the most of the beaches. It is also well known for its oil refinery, Samir.
One of the key spots for surfing and windsurfing which has unfortunately changed a lot during the past decades.
The photos on this page were taken in 2001 after a flooding in December. It did look beautiful but unfortunately a lot of houses were badly affected with water rising over 1m.
Mohammedia has wide street lines with date trees. It also has a corniche lined with cafes where a lot of people go for a walk on warm summer nights.
I grew up here with not much to do in the winter and spending our lives on the beach in he summer. I had many adventures with favorite cousin, Reda. As he is a surfer we ended up going to the beach in the winter as well and it was such a pleasure being on the deserted beaches.
I love going shopping for fruits, veg etc... in the souk, such beautiful colours and such good quality products!
But nothing beats making a mint tea late afternoon with some freshly bough beignets :o)
- Pros:Off the beaten path
- Cons:Not a winter destination
- In a nutshell:Home :o)
Loubna's Related Pages
Mohammedia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gentle introduction to Morocco"
- "Mohammedia - a beautiful city"
- "Mohammedia ~ Fedala"
- "Mohammedia an emergency call"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mohammedia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mohammedia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mohammedia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Intro, 31 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 3 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karpasia Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lebanon Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellapais Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues