"Dionosaur's Munich Page" Munich by Dionosaur

Munich Travel Guide: 4,378 reviews and 10,241 photos

My first trip to southern Germany was one of my best trips so far. Even having been told Germany was beautiful, I was still awed by the scenery. Its more like a park than a country. As a nature lover, it is probably the prettiest country I have visited.

We decided to save Munich for last, so after arriving we got a rental car and headed down to Oberammergau. The drive was beautiful, full of green forests, alpine meadows, quaint villages and snow topped mountain peaks. The town of Oberammergau was pretty as a postcard and the hotel was comfortable and friendly. During our 4 day stay there we visited Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles and took a cable car up to the Zugspitze (the highest peak in Germany). Unfortunately due to bad weather, the only other people there were snowboarders, but it was fun to play in the snow for an hour.

After a very enjoyable side trip to Austria (see my Austria page) we headed back towards Munich, visiting the infamous Eagle's Nest and beautiful Herrenchiemsee castle on the way. The view from Eagle's Nest is everything its name suggests. See my travelogues for pics.

We were pretty worn out by the time we got to Munich, but the atmosphere soon lured us out to see the sights. We soon realized that we should have allocated more time to see Munich. (A weekend trip back is already being planned.) The Marienplatz was packed full of tourists and the band was in full swing. Needless to say we enjoyed our last 2 days and look forward to our next trip.

• Last visit to Munich: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 14, 2003

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 4:59 PM

Great to hear you liked Germany a lot :-) This country differs a lot from place to place. Great shots in travelogues especially in the Eagle's Nest. Haha, indeed, not the best view from Zugspitze but a lot of joy to get there :-)

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2004 at 4:59 AM

I'm glad you liked your trip to Germany. But there is much more to see than Munich and Bavaria. Come again and enjoy more of it.

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2003 at 11:11 AM

Beautiful page. Your photos are great

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 10:11 PM

Innere Wiener Strasse :-) could not resist fine page on a fine City, and Oberammergau

• jinwenwang's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2003 at 10:41 AM

south Germany is very beautiful...your pics definately dragged me back there...:-)

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2003 at 4:34 PM

I know we had fun. Do you want to go again? I do...

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2003 at 11:06 AM

Beautiful and informative page! Great photos in your travelogues

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2002 at 8:09 AM

Sounds like a great area to visit. I plan to be in Munich for a few days next year.

• Jun 9, 2002 at 12:28 PM

Wonderful travelogues. Great Page.

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2002 at 7:14 AM

wonderful page & travelogues...

Dionosaur

“Don`t worry about things you can`t change”

Badges & Stats in Munich