"Welcome to Dionosaur's HomePage" Dionosaur's Profile

Intro

Hi! My name is Dion. I was bitten by the travel bug about 7 years ago and have been going as many places as work allows ever since. It started with scuba diving and moved on to travel in general when I had the good fortune to get sent to work in the lovely country of Portugal for several years. I fell in love with the country and the wonderful people there. I left many good friends there and hope to visit there again in the future. (The picture above was taken near my house in Portugal.)

What a difference a year makes!

Well as I mentioned before, we were planning to build a bigger house on our property in Roatan. Well we have, its not completely finished, but it is well on the way and will hopefully be finished this year.

I must say that building this house has been a bit of an adventure and has added a bit of stress to my life, but it has been an amazing process and I can't wait until it is completed and I get to spend my first night there.

Recent News

I have been back in the US for a while now, and have been busy getting reacquainted with diving in the Caribbean. I even recently went totally nuts and purchased a house on the beautiful island of Roatan. Hopefully one day we will even be able to move into it. :)

It is the little pink house in the background. However, it is now relocated to a new spot near the back of the property to make room for a bigger house to be built in the future. It has been renovated and is now a charming little island bungalo. It still needs some work in the kitchen, but its livable and is already rented for the year.

Miscellaneous

The past year has been quite full of excitement and adventure for me. I got a new puppy, moved to a new apartment, bought a new house in a foreign country and started a new job. *wheeeew* Boy, and I thought when I came back from Europe things would quiet down! Its amazing how things can change so much in a year.

Fortunately I am really excited about all these changes and hope that they all work out for the future. I guess its good to keep working towards your dream and mine is to one day live someplace where there is lots of wildlife, no traffic and the mysteries of the ocean are but a few steps away.

• Intro Updated Sep 23, 2006

Personal Pages (1)

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:35 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DION! Have you retired to Roatan yet?

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDY DION! Hope all is well with you.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DION! Hope you are doing well. I miss you guys!

• sdq's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

!!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Hey Dion, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Hi Dion! How are you? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010 for you and your loved ones! You are very, very welcome for Euromeet 2010 in Krakow, Poland! Think over it, we miss you! Any chance to see you? Smiles from both matcrazies in Poland ---> :-)

• mturkkan's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Happy Birthday to you from Antalya

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 6:42 AM

Happy birthday from south Spain. Lina

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 3:41 AM

Happy Birthday and a lot of greetings from Poland.

• cmthomas's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 1:14 PM

Another birthday? Sigh! Just think, you have reached the magic number where you now stop counting. Best wishes on your happy birthday! Clarence

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Dionosaur's Profile Photo

Dionosaur

“Don`t worry about things you can`t change”

Real Name