"St. Thomas" Top 5 Page for this destination St. Thomas by arissat

St. Thomas Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 1,290 photos

St. Thomas is a small island, only 33 square miles in size. There are lots of good beaches and it is famous for duty free shopping, specially jewelry and alcoholic beverages.
We had good time there but I have to confess that I wasn't too impressed with the islands. Good beaches there, but too much garbage around the islands. Also, it was a very expensive place to stay. A car is a must if you are spending few days there. The cab is just too expensive, since they charge you per person and not per ride. Also, they will charge for the luggages and bags!!! The driving is very stressfull there, not because they drive on the left side, but they drive crazy and the roads are very narrow.

• Last visit to St. Thomas: Sep 2003
  • Intro Written Sep 20, 2003

• Sep 20, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Hi Arissat, I really appreciate all of the information you provided! So what hotel did you stay at in St. Thomas? We are staying at the Marriott Frenchmen's and I'm not sure if any of these things you are writing about are near there?

• pabertra's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 1:16 PM

Arissa~~May be headed to St. Thomas. I hope the weather cooperates. Thanks for sharing your experience there. Best~~Paige

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2003 at 4:17 PM

great infos and lovely pics ! On your page St.Thomas looks much better, that I remember it ! There was no Coral World and no cable-car then, and I only had a short time to go to the shopping-tourist-traps in Ch.Amalie...

arissat

“Life is short, so enjoy while you can.”

Badges & Stats in St. Thomas

Have you been to St. Thomas?

Latest Activity in St. Thomas