"Burlington & Halton Region off the beaten path" Burlington by Faiza-Ifrah
Burlington Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 58 photos
Halton Region is the heart of Niagara Escarpment. With a population of over 150,000, Burlington, its biggest city, is conveniently located at the western end of the Greater Toronto area (after Mississauga and Oakville, and is just an hour north of the USA border after Hamilton. The city is approachable through Highway 403 / QEW from Toronto or from Niagara Falls.
Oakville, Milton, Georgetown and Acton are its other major cities.
Guelph Line north from Highway 403/QEW is one of the most scenic country roads. It meanders through forests, farms, streams and villages and offers many picturesque spots for photography and for stretching a bit from tiresome driving. Taking south exit on the Line from 403/QEW, one ends up on the lakefront with beautiful views of the breakwater, waterfowls and Burlingtom Skyway far away.
Two major towns on this road are Lowville and Campbellville. While Lowville has a beautiful conservation park where entrance is free, Campbellville is just south of Highway 401 with many roadside antique shops.
In this picture, it is a herd of Bison at Mountbergh Wildlife Centre.
- Pros:Close to Toronto, Mississauga and Hamilton, it is easily accessible
- Cons:Not much known as a touristic city.
- In a nutshell:Splendid attractions on Guelph Line
Scottsdale farm was donated to the Ontario Heritage Foundation in 1982 by Stewart and Violet Bennett. The Farm is the... more travel advice
Kelso, a 397 hectare park established in 1960 on the Niagara Escarpment in Milton, offers diversified activities. The... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Burlington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burlington & Halton Region off the beaten path"
- "Burlington, Ontario"
- "Burlington, Ontario, Canada"
- "Hiking in Burlington"
- "Burlington ....one more home:)"
- "Canada's Golden Horseshoe"
- "Bronte Creek"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burlington
- 10 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Burlington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burlington
Photos in BurlingtonSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Burlington hotel reviews
- Travelodge Burlington On The Lake Hotel
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Comfort Inn Burlington
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Bell Motel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 8, 2012
- Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington/Hamilton
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Admiral Inn Burlington
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013