"Guelph & Wellington County off the beaten path" Top 5 Page for this destination Guelph by Faiza-Ifrah
Guelph Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 81 photos
Guelph is the biggest city of the Wellington County. Other major cities / towns are: Elora, Erin, Fergus, Mount Forest, Rockwood, which has a conservation park, and Puslinch.
Guelph is home to a University that is known for specialization in life sciences. The city has a distinct Italian presence in town.
The county's geographical area covers 1,025.74 square miles (2,656.65 km2). Wellington County is predominantly rural in nature, though many of its residents commute to Guelph, Kitchener, Brampton, Mississauga, and even Toronto.
Grand River Conservation Authority maintains Elora Gorge Conservation area that offers best campgrounds in Southeastern Ontario. Grand River flows through the gorge and attracts lovers of tubing and kayaking.
The Authority also maintains Rockwood Conservation Area that offers canoeing and kayaking in a haven for geologists.
- Pros:Close to Toronto and Highway 401, home of Grand River, many attractions within Guelph
- Cons:Attractions are over-shadowed by mega-tourist destinations in the region
- In a nutshell:Certainly off the beaten path.
Ticks are closely related to spiders. They are typically small when unfed, (1 to 5 mm in length), and all active stages... more travel advice
We saw a flock of turkeys and were surprised by their presence. We knew that turkeys have made a comeback in Grand River... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Guelph Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guelph & Wellington County off the beaten path"
- "A Haven Near the City"
- "Guelphite, born and raised!!"
- "Historic University Town"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guelph
- Hotels in Guelph
- Transportation in Guelph
- Nightlife in Guelph
- Restaurants in Guelph
- Shopping in Guelph
- Warnings and Dangers in Guelph
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guelph
- 17 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Guelph?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guelph
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- Commented on one of Faiza-Ifrah's Guelph travel pages
- updated a Guelph Travel Page "Guelph & Wellington County off the beaten path"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Guelph & Wellington County off the beaten path"
- Wrote a Review Ticks and Lyme Disease in Guelph Warnings and Dangers
Photos in GuelphSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Guelph hotel reviews
- Ramada Hotel & Conference Center - Guelph
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Guelph, Ontario, Canada Hotel
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Super 8 Motel Kitchener Waterloo Area
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Super 8 Guelph Kitchener Waterloo
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013