"Hamilton & Wentworth County - Waterfalls capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton by Faiza-Ifrah
Hamilton Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 343 photos
Hamilton is the 4th most populous city of Ontario after Toronto, Ottawa, and Mississauga. It has the largest area though. Not many people know it, but Hamilton, with its 100 waterfalls, is considered to be the world's capital of waterfalls. To-date, we have visited the following Falls (in a chronological order):
Hamilton Region 1 (around Highway 6 and Dundas Road):
1. Webster Falls
2. Tews Falls
3. Borer's Falls
4. Darnley Cascade
5. Hollow Creek (aka Great) Falls
Hamilton Region 2 (around Chedoke Radial Recreation Trail):
6. Lower Cliffview Falls
7. Unnamed easy to reach Falls westwards of Chedoke Golf Course parking lot
8. Unnamed brutal hike Falls eastwards of Chedoke Golf Course parking lot
Hamilton Region 3 (East Hamilton):
9. Albion Falls
Hamilton region 4 (around Rousseaux Street / Wilson road)
10. Mill Falls
11. Lower Mill Falls
12. Sherman Falls
Two other well-known destinations in Hamilton are Royal Botanical Gardens and Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
Hamilton and its neighbouring townships have most conservation park per square foot in Ontario. Many areas are located within the boundaries of the city itself. Christie Lake Conservation Area is perhaps one of the few in the Escarpment countries that offer hiking, canoeing, boating and fishing activities all in one place.
You can walk or preferably drive down to the north side of Hamilton Harbour. While fishing is one option here, you can take the trail that runs alongside the marsh. You will be rewarded with many scenic views and friendly squirrels like this one.
- Pros:Proximity to cities in the USA and to Mississauga, good views of the Niagara Escarpment
- Cons:The tourist resources are not well publicised.
- In a nutshell:A haven for waterfalls lovers, canoeists, boaters and nature conservationists
The restaurant seemed busy on Friday (It is closed on Mondays), food was delicious, but it was the ambience that we... more travel advice
We were pleasantly surprised to note that the Mill Falls and the Lower Mill Falls were located on private property, but... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Hamilton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamilton & Wentworth County - Waterfalls capital"
- "Hamilton: The Steel City"
- "Waterfalls and the Niagara Escarpment"
- "This is where my bed was...- Hamilton"
- "Never enough Time!"
- "Flight layover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamilton
- Hotels in Hamilton
- Transportation in Hamilton
- Nightlife in Hamilton
- Restaurants in Hamilton
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamilton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamilton
- 20 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Hamilton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamilton
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Awestruck at the rugged beauty of Albion Falls"
- Wrote a Review Seafood over a view of the Falls in Hamilton Restaurants
- updated a Hamilton Travel Page "Hamilton & Wentworth County - Waterfalls capital"
- Commented on one of Anita_Porec's Hamilton travel pages
Photos in HamiltonSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues