"Urban & Rural Waterloo Region - by Ifrah" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterloo by Faiza-Ifrah
Waterloo Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 84 photos
The County of Waterloo, affectionately known as the hi-tech region, is a unique blend of urban and rural. It is located just one hour west of Toronto and 45 minutes west of Mississauga. The County comprises the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo, as well as the Townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. The city of Waterloo itself has been declared as one of the top 7 Intelligent Communities of 2007. One member of our family of four, that is, Ifrah is now a resident of this region. She lives in Waterloo, next door to her University.
We have enjoyed the Region’s modern, youthful, and energetic urban centers, as well as its scenic rural landscapes.
For tourism, we have visited African Lion Safari, the village and other attractions of St. Jacobs, Cambridge’s Churchill Park. We have shopped in its rural markets selling fresh produce. Ifrah is a regular visitor at grounds and rinks where her University Teams i.e. Golden Hawks play against their inter-university opponents.
The picture shows the Auditorium that shows an introductory DVD on Old Order Mennonites at St. Jacob's Visitor Centre
African Lion Safari is probably one of the most visited of Southern Ontario's outdoor attractions. Other than this, there are many conservation parks and even opportunities for canoeing and kayaking on Grand River that flows through the cities of Waterloo and Kitchener. Needless to mention, this pedalling trip is on our list for 2010.
In our opinion, Waterloo region has more museums and galleries per capita and per square km than any other destination of similar size. Some of these are:
Waterloo Region Museum
Cambridge Sculpture Garden
Telling The Mennonite Story - Visitor Centre
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery
The Maple Syrup Museum
St. Jacobs Quilt Gallery
Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery
Home Hardware Exhibit
Model Train Exhibit
We will be visiting most of them in late winters and early spring 2010.
- Pros:Mennonites country, many cultural museums, pedaling in Grand River
- Cons:More freezing and snowy than Toronto in winters
- In a nutshell:Capital of cultural museums and galleries
The Mennonites are a group of Anabaptist (opposed to infant baptism) denominations named after and influenced by the... more travel advice
We visited St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market and Flea Market most recently on a cold day in early November 2009. Waterloo... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Waterloo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Urban & Rural Waterloo Region - by Ifrah"
- ""Waterloo - couldn't escape if I wanted to"..."
- "West Montrose"
- "A High Tech Vertex"
- "Waterloo - Promise to love you for ever more"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterloo
- Transportation in Waterloo
- Nightlife in Waterloo
- Restaurants in Waterloo
- Shopping in Waterloo
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterloo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waterloo
- 10 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Waterloo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterloo
Photos in WaterlooSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues