"Buffalo and the environs" Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo by Faiza-Ifrah
Buffalo Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 460 photos
Buffalo and its neighbouring towns are a haven for Canadians for doing shopping especially during long weekends on the Canadian side of the border. Canadians from as far west as Oshawa cross the border via one of the three bridges viz. Lewiston, Rainbow (over the Niagara Falls) and Peace (at Buffalo) bridge to shop, have a hearty meal of famous Buffalo wings, and / or visit Niagara Falls at the New York side.
However, most of the Canadians are there for shopping.
190 North from peace Bridge in Buffalo takes you to New York Niagara Falls State Park.
Believe it or not, we have observed many Canadians wonder how do the Falls look from the NY side. Most Canadians and even Americans totally underestimate the geographical features, the Niagara River and the Falls in the state of New York. An overwhelming majority does not even know that what they see on the other side of the Falls (as in the picture below) is actually Goat Island, which is part of Niagara Falls State Park.
It is true that you can't fully see the splendor of the Horseshoe and the American Falls from the frontal side in New York, but there is another advantage there - the experience of the river turning into rapids, meandering through a maze of small islands and islets and finally giving way to the falls is much more at a personal level.
- Pros:World renowned region, easily accessible from Toronto
- Cons:It is other side of the border so you got to have passport
- In a nutshell:Haven for shopping and eating Buffalo wings. Niagara Falls
The two branches of Niagara River take plunges and become what we call ‘The American Falls’ and the ‘Horseshoe Falls’.... more travel advice
As you cross the bridge over a branch of the Niagara River and drive towards Parking lot # 3, you will notice that the... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Buffalo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buffalo, New York"
- "Buffalo and the environs"
- "Buffalo, a hidden gem"
- "Buffalo - Old & New Friends"
- "Buffalo - City of Good Neighbors"
- "Grew up in this town, left, came back and left."
- "FerdnBean's Niagara Falls Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buffalo
- Hotels in Buffalo
- Transportation in Buffalo
- Nightlife in Buffalo
- Restaurants in Buffalo
- Shopping in Buffalo
- Warnings and Dangers in Buffalo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buffalo
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Buffalo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buffalo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues