"Faiza-Ifrah's UAE off the beaten path" Top 5 Page for this destination United Arab Emirates by Faiza-Ifrah
United Arab Emirates Travel Guide: 5,621 reviews and 17,287 photos
The city of Abu Dhabi is capital and the geographical center of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and where we lived from November 1999 to July 2004. However, Dubai is the largest, busiest, financial, commercial and population center of the country.
If you want to see modern day touristic spots you need to visit the Emirates of Dubai. But if you want to discover the traditional UAE, its heritage, and the life of the Bedouin, then you need to head towards Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
UAE is tiny (a little smaller than Austria or South Carolina, USA to let you know from your point of reference), rich and beautiful. Under the dynamic and visionary leadership of His Highness Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahayan, it became a meeting place of the advancement of the West with the cultures of the East.
Since we lived here and know all about it (well almost), the task of doing a page is challenging. Therefore, for now let us just put some pixes and travelogues and add from time to time.
This destination is dedicated to the founder of the UAE, His Highness Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan AlNahyaan, who died on November 2, 2004. We pray to Almighty God for the salvation of his departed soul and for granting the fortitude to the members of his bereaved family and countrymen to bear this loss.
His love for his people (who used to lovingly call him Baba, meaning father) and to poor people across the world is well documented.
The UAE was created on December 2, 1971, when six states -- Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Sharjah and Umm al-Qaiwain -- came together following the departure of British troops from the region. The seventh emirate, Ras al-Khaimah, joined in 1972
- Pros:Very safe to travel within, great place for water sports, shopping capital of the region, lots of tourists and international work force.
- Cons:Not many historical, archaeological and wildlife sites
- In a nutshell:Small country with lots of water and desert oriented tourist attractions.
Since most tourists in the UAE will land in Dubai, so here I will only list some beaches that they can chose from a... more travel advice
Al Ain is the summer capital of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and is a sprawling oasis city. Once in Al Ain, entering from... more travel advice
- See All Beware of traffic control cameras
- Our recommended in Dubai
- Welcome to serious or window shoppers...
- Its all sports, fun and frolic.
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
United Arab Emirates Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "United Arab Emirates"
- "United Arab Emirates"
- "Emirates in December"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's UAE off the beaten path"
- "The shape of my heart"
- " Bakpakchik Becomes a Desert Rose "
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Arab Emirates
- Hotels in United Arab Emirates
- Transportation in United Arab Emirates
- Nightlife in United Arab Emirates
- Restaurants in United Arab Emirates
- Shopping in United Arab Emirates
- Warnings and Dangers in United Arab Emirates
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Arab Emirates
- 46 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to United Arab Emirates?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Arab Emirates
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- updated a United Arab Emirates Travel Page "Faiza-Ifrah's UAE off the beaten path"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Faiza-Ifrah's UAE off the beaten path"
- Wrote a Review Most accessible beaches. in United Arab Emirates Things to Do
- Commented on one of sachara's United Arab Emirates travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues