"Faiza-Ifrah's Oman off the beaten path" Oman by Faiza-Ifrah
Oman Travel Guide: 1,317 reviews and 3,460 photos
We have traveled by road to Oman twice in 3 years. The first trip was undertaken in the December of 2001 and the second in November of 2003.
The picture is of a fort that we saw while going into the hills of Alakhdar, with an ancient watch tower in the far background.
The Sultanate of Oman as it is called is a neighboring country of where we live (the UAE). Although it belongs to the group of countries comprising GCC, it is very different in character from the UAE, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. It has lot of land and very few people to begin with. Most of the country therefore, is off the beaten path for the travelers. The neatness, cleanness and good construction stands out.
We have produced here contents that are not a replication of things produced on other members' pages.
The Sultanate of Oman, as it is called, is spread over an area of 309,500 square kilometers.
In order to get an idea of its expanse, compare it with area of Germany at 360,000 sq. kms or US' mid Atlantic states of NY, PA, NJ, DA, and ML put together at 319,200 sq. kms.
- Pros:Culture, archaeological sites, historic buildings, friendly people
- Cons:Lack of tourist brochures and information at entry points
- In a nutshell:Great country with lots of off the beaten path attractions.
While driving in the city of Suhar in November 2003, we discovered this beautiful fort like structure. It turned out to... more travel advice
Backpacks and trolley bags. In summer (April-October): light cotton everywhere, except in the western hilly Salalah... more travel advice
- A modern city with pastoral touch.
- Picturesque Suhaar.
- 4 wheelers are the best bet.
- Watch mosques glowing in the night.
- Land of magical spells - it is true?
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Oman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oman - The Essence of Arabia"
- "Oman . . My Home of Three Years"
- "Beautiful Oman"
- "Eid Mubarak"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oman
- Hotels in Oman
- Transportation in Oman
- Nightlife in Oman
- Restaurants in Oman
- Shopping in Oman
- Warnings and Dangers in Oman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oman
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Oman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oman
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- updated a Oman Travel Page "Faiza-Ifrah's Oman off the beaten path"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch mosques glowing in the night."
- Wrote a Review Bustling center for shopping for local craft in Oman Shopping
- Commented on one of frankcanfly's Oman travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues