Pakistan Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Faiza-Ifrah Top 5 Page for this destination
Pakistan Warnings and Dangers: 52 reviews and 18 photos
My brother Rashid at Kotri Barrage.
Driving conditions in Pakistan are no where close to what you have in the UK, Europe, the UAE or the USA. The honking cars and no adherence to traffic regulations reminds one of Egypt though.
Although Islamabad, the capital is good traffic wise, old portion of Lahore and most of Karachi is a driver's nightmare. In Pakistan, cars, motorcycles, rickshaws, wagons, buses, camel, oxen and donkey driven carts also ply on the same roads, as does the normal traffic.
To foreign tourists, I will not suggest driving a car. Rented out cars with a driver is the best bet. If the group is 6 to 10 strong, I would suggest hiring an airconditioned wagon / coaster.
However, driving on national highways is strictly regulated.
Another wise thing to do in Pakistan is to hire the services of professional tour operators of repute, who will be able to take care of all these details for you. Due to low value of Pak rupees vis-a-vis US$, the deal may turn out to be extremely economical. Again, the package may be negotiated / haggled, as is everything else in Pakistan. More on haggling under shopping tip.
A guided tour can let one observe such off the beaten path marvels as the Kotri Barrage near Hyderabad, constructed by the British in the 19th Century. My elder brother from the USA (picture) took several hours to observe gigantic water distribution system on the upstream side of the barrage and the environmental degradation due water shortage in the estuaries on the downstream side.
More Reviews (28)
- See All A lower Himalayan gem
- See All Mazar-e-Quaid in Karachi
- See All Pakistani women - a sportwomen
- Go crazy with sports off the beaten path
- See All Fly a kite, battle for air superiority...
- Haggling is the way to go.
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Pakistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Mountain gods Pakistan"
- "Pakistan....from mountains through deserts"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's women's Pakistan off the beaten path"
- "A Westerners Point of View"
- "THE ENCHANTING BEAUTY OF PAKISTAN........."
- "Incredible Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakistan
- Hotels in Pakistan
- Transportation in Pakistan
- Nightlife in Pakistan
- Restaurants in Pakistan
- Shopping in Pakistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakistan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Westbrook Hotels
- Mandi Bahauddin Hotels
- Mingo Cay Hotels
- Builth Wells Hotels
- North Korea Warnings and Dangers
- Nesebar Warnings and Dangers
- Faisalabad Warnings and Dangers
- Province of British Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- Assisi Warnings and Dangers
- Traffic & Roads
- Delaware Warnings and Dangers
- Murcia Warnings and Dangers
- Historic Centre: not always a safe place!
- Estado de Nayarit Warnings and Dangers
- Galicia Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Pakistan
- 44 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Pakistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakistan
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Imran Khan the Best all-round Cricketer"
- updated a Pakistan Travelogue "Imran Khan the Best all-round Cricketer"
- Commented on one of Rumi-fan's Pakistan travel pages
- Wrote a Review A lower Himalayan gem about National Parks in Pakistan Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Pakistan hotels
- Lahore Hotels
- 540 Reviews - 982 Photos
- Karachi Hotels
- 474 Reviews - 1011 Photos
- Islamabad Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 898 Photos
- Murree Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Rawalpindi Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Peshawar Hotels
- 242 Reviews - 333 Photos
- Muzaffarabad Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Mari Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Faisalabad Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Gilgit Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 156 Photos
- Gwadar Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Skardu Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 145 Photos
- Multan Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 100 Photos
- Kalam Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 103 Photos
- Muridke Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Hunza Valley- 21 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Highest Mountain Ranges- 37 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Swat Valley, Mini Switzerland of Pakistan- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Chitral and Kailash Valley- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Murree Hill Station- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Villages and Towns- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- K2 - Mountain- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Lahore- 11 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Desert- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Kaghan Valley- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Pakistan Things to Do