"Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path" Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts by Faiza-Ifrah
Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,608 reviews and 17,799 photos
We had a 10 days vacations in Berkshire County (or Berkshires) and Lowell in Massachusettes, USA.
We stretched ourselves to the limit, a total of 2132 kms travelled on road besides many days of hiking and trekking in various state parks in thunderstorms, coming face to face with lightening strike on mountain top.
The county of Berkshires offers nature, history and culture at its best. The county is located in the Appalachian Mountain chain. Many famous people and group of people called it their home in the days gone by. Experiencing their ways of living was the best learning that we had.
Unfortunately, I was not able to find much information on Berkshires and Lowell on the VT. However, I am grateful to my friend Micheal (VT name: nomorewars) for his personal advice and tips on Lowell that made our trip to that city an easier and memorable one, although in a different way. I would also like to thank VTer and friend Dee (VT name: deecat) for building beautiful pages on Massachusetts that encouraged me and my family to head for this state.
The picture shows a statue of Abraham Lincoln at the Chesterwood Estate and Museum or simply Chesterwood. Chesterwood is the country home and studio of Daniel Chester French (1850-1931), who was the creator of the great sculpture of Abraham Lincoln that is placed in the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.
Since Berkshires is located in the Appalachian Mountain chain, it is endowed with great natural touristic resources. This territory is defined as the Tectonic Range, which separates Massachsetts and New York State. This ecoregion has a mix of northern hardwood and spruce-fir forests with fast moving mountain streams and a relatively cool climate.
The Massachusetts State Park system includes many properties in this region. All are rich in recreational opportunities, scenic views, size, ecology, history and habitat.
The picture below shows a list of all the wildlife that one will find in Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary.
You can visit urban cultural centres or journey to a countryside resort, but nowhere else will you find Berkshire County's collection of world-class cultural attractions in a single spectacular rural setting.
Art, theater, dance music, film, gardens - you name it, Berkshires has it. Do visit some of the best cultural destinations with us.
- Pros:Easy driving, not overly populated, lots of museums and state parks, beautiful architecture
- In a nutshell:One of the best places for natural, historical, architectural and cultural tourism
When we were visiting Berkshires, we were frequently greeted with thunderstorms everywhere we went (see the 3 pictures).... more travel advice
Although Williamstown was on our itinerary, we passed through this northernmost town on Route 7 in the Berkshire county,... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Massachusetts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- "Massachusettes, so many things to do......"
- "MASSACHUSETTS, USA"
- "From Stockbridge to Boston"
- "The little corner of the globe I call home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massachusetts
- Hotels in Massachusetts
- Transportation in Massachusetts
- Nightlife in Massachusetts
- Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Shopping in Massachusetts
- Warnings and Dangers in Massachusetts
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Massachusetts
- 22 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Massachusetts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massachusetts
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- updated a Massachusetts Travel Page "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- Wrote a Review Beware of thunderstorms in Massachusetts Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beware of thunderstorms"
- Commented on one of Phalaenopsis03's Massachusetts travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues