"Faiza-Ifrah's Illinois off the beaten path." Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois by Faiza-Ifrah
Illinois Travel Guide: 8,202 reviews and 17,578 photos
Northeastern Illinois or rather Chicagoland with Cook county as the base is what I am going to cover here. This region gives us a feeling of a home away from home. I have lived here up until 1987 going to college. My husband attended university here. Afterwards, at one time, we were here almost every 6 months. My brother's family lives here. My nephew and niece were born, grown up here and married here. It is but natural that I have certain level of affection for this region.
The task of building a page on Illinois is daunting. First, it is a vast state and is impossible to cover in its entirety. Second, although I disagree with it, many people believe it is a boring state. Third, there is a problem for me as I want to build my pages on things that others have not covered in detail in their pages. So I said to myself where can I concentrate on Illinois. I had a look at top 5 Illinois pages. Deecat (Dee) is anchored on Southern Illinois, traveldave (dave) has focused on Chicago, and dlandt (Dave) has focused on history and state parks in the south and west. So I went for my forte i.e. Chicago, Cook County and Chicagoland i.e. 6 - county metro area of northeastern Illinois.
I hope to be different. I am sure I will be different in one aspect - shopping :-)
These pages are dedicated to Abraham Lincoln, or Honest Abe as he is affectionately known. Produced below are two of my favorites quotes :
"Let us have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us dare to do our duty as we understand it."
Address, New York City, Feb. 21, 1859.
"With malice towards none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right."
Second Inaugural Address, March 4, 1865.
The entire Magnificient Mile of the Michigan Avenue in Chicago, and Lincolnwood Mall, Woodfield Mall, and Brookfield Mall in Cook County outside of Chicago, all offer best shopping for designer items, as well as local antiques and handicrafts.
Shopping everywhere is fun and during our stay in Chicagoland, very few shops escape our attention - guaranteed :-)
- Pros:Urban and pastoral touch, many attractions within Chicagoland, Milwaukee round the corner.
- Cons:Only 8 miles of waterways are public, rest are private, no 4 wheeling tracks
- In a nutshell:Many touristy spots, many high standard universities, many mega-shopping malls.
For over ten years Chicago Trolley and Double Decker Company has been offering their Hop On Hop Off City Sightseeing... more travel advice
Although we have lot of attachment towards Evanston, due to our busy schedule, we got just few minutes to visit this... more travel advice
Faiza-Ifrah's Related Pages
Illinois Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Named After Illiniwek Indians Meaning "Superior""
- "A thrice riven state"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's Illinois off the beaten path."
- "Land of Lincoln"
- "Illinois – Prairie State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Illinois
- Hotels in Illinois
- Transportation in Illinois
- Nightlife in Illinois
- Restaurants in Illinois
- Shopping in Illinois
- Warnings and Dangers in Illinois
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Illinois
- 28 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Illinois?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Illinois
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Montreal in March"
- Commented on one of eddieboy726's Illinois travel pages
- Wrote a Review A good way to see Chicago's main attractions in Illinois Transportation
- updated a Illinois Travel Page "Faiza-Ifrah's Illinois off the beaten path."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Faiza-Ifrah's Illinois off the beaten path."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 54 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 35 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 32 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 27 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues