"Blumenau, a piece of Germany in Brazil" Blumenau by Hissataka
Blumenau Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
Yes, I know the original and the biggest Oktoberfest takes place in München, Germany, but Blumenau Oktoberfest is the second biggest "Beer Party" in the world!
99% of the buildings downtown Blumenau have the German style. Most of the people are descendants from German immigrants and they teach German as a second language at schools and at home. We could even hear some people speaking "Deutsch" to each other!
The city is nationwide famous for "Oktoberfest". As you can see on the picture on the side, they even have their "Beer mug" phone, hehe. Their glass manufacturing industry is also very famous. I spent just a few hours there, but I definitely will go back!
- Pros:The beauty and the different atmosphere
- Cons:I can't tell, spent little time there
- In a nutshell:A Brazilian Germany
Hissataka's Related Pages
Blumenau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blumenau, Downtown look like a Fairytale"
- "Blumenau, a piece of Germany in Brazil"
- "the younger, newer, Oktoberfest"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blumenau
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Blumenau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blumenau
Top 5 Pages
- Fortaleza Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curitiba Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Blumenau Intro, 3 photos
- São Tomé das Letras Intro, 2 photos
- Santos Intro, 1 review