"Vermont Teddy Bear Factory - Shelburne Vermont" Shelburne by MickeyMuse

Shelburne Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 34 photos

Vermont Teddy Bears

Every year we travel to Maine and every year we try to add something different to the trip. This year, we chose to go to Vermont before Maine as our "side trip" ne of the motivating reasons was because I wanted to see the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory.

It's a very unassuming place to visit. Lucky for us, the weather was still a bit cool and it was overcast, making it an easier decision whether or not to take the tour, which lasted about 30 minutes. Turning the fans on in the car, opening the windows and parking way off in the parking lot in a nice shaded spot made the puppies comfortable. Off we went to see how teddies were made! I've never purchased one for myself and I had my heart set on the cute tough guy bear with the "Mom" tattoo. A few years back I had sent my mother one and it was well made and done up very nice, but it did carry a fairly hefty price.

We had a lovely tour guide named Danielle, she was very funny and seemed to really like her job. She explained from start to finish how the bears were made and the different types etc. She went on to explain how they were guaranteed for life and if you bear were damaged, just send 'em back and they'd fix him/her up.

• Pros:The people of Vermont are wonderful!
  • In a nutshell:Vermont is a wonderful place
  • Last visit to Shelburne: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2003

Comments

MickeyMuse

“"Friends are God`s apology for relatives"”

Badges & Stats in Shelburne

Have you been to Shelburne?

Friends