"Vermont Teddy Bear Factory - Shelburne Vermont" Shelburne by MickeyMuse
Shelburne Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 34 photos
Every year we travel to Maine and every year we try to add something different to the trip. This year, we chose to go to Vermont before Maine as our "side trip" ne of the motivating reasons was because I wanted to see the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory.
It's a very unassuming place to visit. Lucky for us, the weather was still a bit cool and it was overcast, making it an easier decision whether or not to take the tour, which lasted about 30 minutes. Turning the fans on in the car, opening the windows and parking way off in the parking lot in a nice shaded spot made the puppies comfortable. Off we went to see how teddies were made! I've never purchased one for myself and I had my heart set on the cute tough guy bear with the "Mom" tattoo. A few years back I had sent my mother one and it was well made and done up very nice, but it did carry a fairly hefty price.
We had a lovely tour guide named Danielle, she was very funny and seemed to really like her job. She explained from start to finish how the bears were made and the different types etc. She went on to explain how they were guaranteed for life and if you bear were damaged, just send 'em back and they'd fix him/her up.
- Pros:The people of Vermont are wonderful!
- In a nutshell:Vermont is a wonderful place
I understand that the factory can get very crowded. We chose to travel before the schools got out this year and found... more travel advice
MickeyMuse's Related Pages
Shelburne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shelburne, VT.... Eclectic town on Lake Champlain"
- "Vermont Teddy Bear Factory - Shelburne Vermont"
- "Shelburne - home to one of America's best museums"
- "Secluded on the shore of Lake Champlain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shelburne
- Transportation in Shelburne
- Restaurants in Shelburne
- Warnings and Dangers in Shelburne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shelburne
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Shelburne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shelburne
Top 10 Pages
- Stonington Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Maine Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quebec Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Canada Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Point Dume State Beach Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape May Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Pennsville Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Deer Isle Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Shelburne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.