"MickeyMuse's Pennsville Page" Pennsville by MickeyMuse
Pennsville Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 29 photos
Each year on my birthday, I pick somewhere local that I'd like to go and visit, this year, I picked Fort Mott, Pennsville, NJ.
I'll be scanning some pictures and adding them today of this wonderful fort. The day we went, April 3, 2002, it was bright and beautiful, but with ominous clouds off in the distance, within a half hour or so as we walked through the fort, the wind kicked up and the trees began to sway and moan, only adding to the aura of setting.
Unlike Fort Knox, which will be featured over on my Maine page, you are not able to walk through most of the fort, which is sad, but due to vandalism and the unfortunate lack of caring for history that too many people possess, they have much of the fort closed off to the public. We were told that along with vandalism the fear of tetanus exists from the many rusted railings etc. But, despite all that, it's still a wonderful place to visit.
Across from Fort Mottt is Fort Delaware on Pea Patch Island, http://civilwarstudies.org/fortdelaware/fort_delaware.htm
And down the road is the Finn's Point National Cemetery,
I'm not sure what to say about this cemetery, it was a strange place and very sad as it holds the remains of both Union and Confederate soldiers from Fort Delaware and even German soldiers who passed while being held at Fort Dix.
MickeyMuse's Related Pages
Pennsville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pennsville
- Nightlife in Pennsville
- Restaurants in Pennsville
- Shopping in Pennsville
- Warnings and Dangers in Pennsville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pennsville
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pennsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pennsville
Photos in PennsvilleSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Stonington Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Maine Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quebec Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Canada Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Point Dume State Beach Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape May Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Pennsville Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Deer Isle Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Shelburne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.