"Across the island to paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island by londonbabe
Zanzibar Island Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 641 photos
Went from Stone Town to Matemwe for four days, then back again to spend more time in Stone Town. In retrospect, four days in ST was MORE than enough.
This page gives more details for the hotel at Matemwe, with a travelogue and also a brief travelogue on our trip across the island.
And yes, they are all our own photos. They are also posted on an external site at a larger size, together with extra ones - let me know if you want the url.
- Pros:Friendly people, fantastic fruit.
- Cons:Not very much to do.
- In a nutshell:Talk to Zanzibaris, don't just lie on the beach.
OK, this DOES seem very touristy but it's really worth it to find out all about how different spices are grown and... more travel advice
londonbabe's Related Pages
Zanzibar Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zanzibar - an air of spices"
- "WELCOME TO PARADISE ISLAND ! JAMBO !!!"
- "Zanzibar - Paradise with a Twist"
- "Across the island to paradise"
- "Stunning Zanzibar"
- "Beach Paradise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Island
- Hotels in Zanzibar Island
- Transportation in Zanzibar Island
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Island
- Shopping in Zanzibar Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Island
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Zanzibar Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Island
Photos in Zanzibar IslandSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 42 reviews, 40 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Hydra Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos