"Stone Town - touts, not terrorists" Zanzibar Town by londonbabe
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide: 245 reviews and 643 photos
Flew out the day after the British government issued a travel warning. Thanks, chaps. However, all the Zanzibaris just laughed at the thought of someone trying to "do a Bali". MUCH more of a menace are the touts hasslling for taxi rides, tours, souvenir shops etc etc etc. Just say 'hapana asante' (no, thanks) and walk on briskly. DO NOT try and be friendly.
- Pros:Not many people go.
- Cons:Not much to see.
- In a nutshell:Don't spend more than a couple of days here and beware of the heat!
Zanzibar number plates are still easy to decode - the lower the number on the plate, the nearer the car is to the first... more travel advice
Hmmm .... not sure we would have eaten here even if it was open!!! :-))) more travel advice
londonbabe's Related Pages
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STONE TOWN"
- "Zanzibar Town"
- "You have to visit Stone Town"
- "Mji Mkongwe"
- "The Stone Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Town
- Hotels in Zanzibar Town
- Transportation in Zanzibar Town
- Nightlife in Zanzibar Town
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Town
- Shopping in Zanzibar Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Town
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Town
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Zanzibar Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Town
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 42 reviews, 40 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Hydra Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos