"Welcome to londonbabe's HomePage" londonbabe's Profile
"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea , at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. "
Thanks for visiting my page!
I've visited 36 countries so far and am hoping for at least another 30 before I shuffle off ...
2010 has been/will be a year of new countries, both travelling with my beloved and travelling for work.
In May we went to Syria - fabulous place, with a unique place every day for 10 days. And wonderful friendly people. Everywhere we went, people said 'Welcome', and meant it.
In a few weeks time we head off to Namibia. Then at the end of November I go to Portugal for the first time! A weekend in Lisbon eating custard tarts - yeaah baby.
As I get older, I realise with horror that I'm turning into a 'twitcher'. Blue cranes in South Africa, golden eagles in the French Alps .. these seem to be more and more the highlights of a holiday, rather than the scenery or the food. But could you resist the penguins at Boulder Bay??
OK so we now know he loves skiing and I don't. But that's fine. We still have the best holidays ever, together. And get enjoyment from the simplest things, just being somewhere different, watching the folk and drinking the beer.
I first visited Quadra Island, off the coast of Vancouver Island, in 1999. It was a spiritual journey which will stay with me forever. When we were thinking about where to get married, given that beloved is Canadian, Vancouver Island was top of the list. So we got married on the beach in Tofino. Truly magical. We even had a wedding eagle.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 146 Reviews
- 191 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 35 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- londonbabe and WorldXplorer are now friends.
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Earl's Court Dining"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to londonbabe's HomePage"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to londonbabe's HomePage"
- Commented on Norali's profile page
- Wrote a Review Walking by the river about River Thames in London Things to Do
- created a Sevilla Travel Page "Beautiful Seville"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 42 reviews, 40 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Hydra Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zanzibar Town Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos