"Fun in Fuzhou" Fuzhou by kimberbakos

Fuzhou Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 69 photos

Fuzhou, the good luck city

Fuzhou is the second city that we visited in China and is my favorite. We were there for nine days and loved it. We took trips out into the city everyday and still didn't get to see all that we wanted to. We tried to focus on the places that were special to that city and typical of the culture of China.

For my second visit here, in 2004, I only was in Fuzhou for seven days. The weather was not as nice as the first time, so I didn't venture out as much. My favorite thing this time was feeling so familiar at home that I got to explore more of the nooks and crannies of the city. But I still enjoyed the guided activities, too, like the visit to the temple in my travelogue.

• Pros:A beautiful city with nice people and a great climate
  • Cons:Walking distance options are limited since the city is large
  • In a nutshell:Capital of Fujian Province - City where families are made through adoption
  • Last visit to Fuzhou: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2004

• Aug 13, 2009 at 6:29 PM

You go all the way to Fuzhou, China, and you eat at McDonald's and KFC? People don't go to China to eat at McDonald's; I came here looking for actual tips. I can find McD's on my own. Also, you can get ice cream every where in China.

• soundchaseruk's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 6:29 AM

I think it is disgusting that these animals perform for humans. I will not be giving money to this amusement park !!

• hangzhoulover's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 9:04 PM

Hi Kim, nice Fuzhou pages. I am heading back there this week. It is nice to see some info in English, I haven't understood much the Chinese tour guides say! Congrats on your adoption. I am adopted myself.

• stmlnyc's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2003 at 12:52 AM

Very informative pictures and descriptions. I especially liked the travel journal. Congrats on your adoption!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 7:32 PM

Great page!

kimberbakos

“Meeting new people introduces me to new parts of myself.”

Badges & Stats in Fuzhou