"BULA!!!" Fiji by kristii

Fiji Travel Guide: 1,006 reviews and 2,976 photos

Snorkeling

I have to admit that I had never snorkeled before... simply because I have never been to a country where they would have corals. Well, it was different over here and I really had to force myself to come out of the water... since I managed to burn my back, legs, arms, head.. you name it, I burned it lol!!

Islands

We visited quite a few small islands during our snorkeling trips... Most of them were just a small stretch of land, with no habitants or any kind of buildings, except a hut... The point was to get to the shore from the boat, put on your gear and off you go to look at the underworld of wonders.

Inland trip

Even though we stayed in one of the resort hotels in Denarau island, we were determined to see the real Fiji. So we rented a car and drove around the Viti Levu.

There had been a coup a few weeks before we went, though the only sign of that were the road checkpoints where the machine gun armed guards were vawing to us and smiling. I have to say that all Jijans we passed during our car trip were vawing and smiling :-D How cool is that!!

• Last visit to Fiji: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2007

kristii

“You did it the hard way, but the right way...”

Badges & Stats in Fiji