"Wet weekend..." La Push by agcw
La Push Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 30 photos
A group of us went to La Push (and I never did get to discover the origin of the name) for a long weekend. The place itself is quite easy to find - head west out of Port Angeles towards Fork and turn off to the west about a mile or so before Fork. It's well sign-posted. La Push itself is a small fishing village with a US Coast Guard station. The beach is OK - a mix of sand and pebbles with a dramatic headland at the south end and some mini island pinnacles at the north end. The bird life is pretty good but the village itself is not particularly interesting. We stayed in some old cabins (approx. USD60/night) which were pretty miserable. Pre-fab consstruction with rotting floors and walls. However, they were dry, warm and kept the rain off. There are brand new huts (around USD160, rumour has it) which look very nice - jacuzzi looking out over the beach, nice new furniture, new kitchen applicances. I think they are a little pricy for the location but that's a personal opinion. For that cost, I'd head into the Canadian Gulf Islands.
- Pros:Isolated, some surfing, one end of a hiking trail
- Cons:entertainment is purely DIY, a longish drive and little attempt to capitalise on the natural beauty.
- In a nutshell:I wouldn't bother...
agcw's Related Pages
La Push Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "God's Own Beach"
- "Seaside Beauty"
- "Worth the Drive -"
- "Wet weekend..."
- "Best beach ever!"
- "The Washington Coast"
- "marmalady's new La Push Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Push
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to La Push?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Push
Top 5 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Pedro La Laguna Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Victoria Intro, 3 reviews