"Welcome in Chalkidiki" Prefecture of Chalkidiki by Hotboy_san
Prefecture of Chalkidiki Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 515 photos
Chalkidiki (or "Halkidiki") is the large peninsula in northern Greece and located between the Thermaikos and Strymonikos Gulfs. The peninsula ends in three smaller peninsulas; Kassandra, Sithonia and Mount Athos.
With a coastline of more than 550 km Chalkidiki offers the most beautiful beaches in Greece. 46 of them are awarded with the Blue Flag. But Chalkidiki offers more than sun, sea and beach. Chalkidiki is full of entertainment, festivals and cultural events. There are 20 archaeological sites, historical sites such as Stagira (where Aristotle was born) and the caves of Petralona which were inhabited about 700.000 years ago.
Halkidiki is located in northern Greece - 100 km far from Thessaloniki, the second largest city of Greece, where the Macedonia Airport is situated.
Chalkidiki is the peninsula with the characteristic of three ‘fingers' (named as legs by Greeks) as appears on the map of Greece and which is stretched into the Aegean Sea.
The three peninsulas of Kassandra, Sithonia and Mount Athos have their own unique history and style. In Chalkidiki you see combinations of golden sandy beaches, crystal-like sea and half-mountainous ground. These combinations are the first impressions that makes visitors to love this place. The Mediterranean climate, unrivalled natural beauty of sea and sun in all the traditional villages, historical value along with the modern resort capacities, attract more and more tourists every year.
Chalkidiki is the place that matches to everybody's lifestyle. There are plenty types of activities for everyone's taste; Chalkidiki is the ideal place for couples and families who like excursions, nature, swimming, sunbathing & water sports activities.
Also for those who like glamour resorts or an exciting nightlife in modern and exotic summer clubs, Chalkidiki is definately the place to go.
Hotboy_san's Related Pages
Prefecture of Chalkidiki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So Many Beaches.......!!!!!"
- "The colours of Chalkidiki"
- "Chalkidiki - Greece's secret paradise"
- "Chalkidiki, A Green Oasis"
- "Halkidiki - The little Northern Greek surprise"
- "Great beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- Hotels in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- Transportation in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- Nightlife in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- Restaurants in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- Shopping in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- Warnings and Dangers in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Prefecture of Chalkidiki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prefecture of Chalkidiki
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irkutsk Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nagoya Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 9 travelogues
- Armenia Intro, 36 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yerevan Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pforzheim Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Heidelberg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Moscow Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- T'bilisi Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue