"Mad Dog Ranch Fountain Cafe" Crawford by NYMansour
Crawford Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
This is not an advertisement. Just so the V.T. people know, there's nothing really in Crawford, CO except Joe Cocker's restaurant.... Well, there are lots of ranches too.
I had breakfast in Crawford on my way to The Black Canyon of the Gunnison Nt'l Park. I was just driving along, pretty tired (slept in my car again the night before...).... at a very early hour. I found a place to eat. Little did I know I was walking into LUXERY DINING! In the middle of rural Colorado is this fancy restaurant (I thought it was fancy).... owned by Joe Cocker & his wife. Joe Cocker is a famous singer. I really don't know his music too well. But, in the restaurant hangs his platinums, golds, etc. records.... Kind of a culture shock considering how "rustic" everything else in the area was. In any event, I had a wonderful breakfast (strong coffee!!!), and paid a high bill. Vegetarians and animal lovers beware: Joe Cocker has his furnishings done cowboy style: that is the seats are covered in cow skins. Not my favorite, but, ya-know - it was breakfast! the food was good, but the music was blaring (at 6 a.m.) which I didn't really dig.
Joe Cocker's venture includes raising funds for local children's causes as well.
NYMansour's Related Pages
Crawford Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Crawford
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Crawford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crawford
Photos in CrawfordSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chinle Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boulder Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rochester Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 5 travelogues
- Springville Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Fe Intro, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buffalo Intro, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taos Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 3 travelogues