"Mad Dog Ranch Fountain Cafe" Crawford by NYMansour

Crawford Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos

This is not an advertisement. Just so the V.T. people know, there's nothing really in Crawford, CO except Joe Cocker's restaurant.... Well, there are lots of ranches too.

I had breakfast in Crawford on my way to The Black Canyon of the Gunnison Nt'l Park. I was just driving along, pretty tired (slept in my car again the night before...).... at a very early hour. I found a place to eat. Little did I know I was walking into LUXERY DINING! In the middle of rural Colorado is this fancy restaurant (I thought it was fancy).... owned by Joe Cocker & his wife. Joe Cocker is a famous singer. I really don't know his music too well. But, in the restaurant hangs his platinums, golds, etc. records.... Kind of a culture shock considering how "rustic" everything else in the area was. In any event, I had a wonderful breakfast (strong coffee!!!), and paid a high bill. Vegetarians and animal lovers beware: Joe Cocker has his furnishings done cowboy style: that is the seats are covered in cow skins. Not my favorite, but, ya-know - it was breakfast! the food was good, but the music was blaring (at 6 a.m.) which I didn't really dig.

Joe Cocker's venture includes raising funds for local children's causes as well.

• Intro Written Jul 22, 2002

Comments

NYMansour

“keep on truckin`”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Crawford

Have you been to Crawford?

Latest Activity in Crawford