"Mesa Verde Nt'l Monument" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortez by NYMansour
Cortez Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos
Mesa Verde has some steep and winding driving. Be prepared to shift into lower gears! And, take my word for it, drive the speed limit! This is an amazing Nt'l Park --- so much history & beauty! The elevation is high, and it can be cold and windy. Give yourself 2 days to explore where Native American Cliff dwellers used to thrive. I was there in October. It was icy cold upon the Mesa! Loved it!!!! If you camp, there's a great camp-site. If camping in the fall, prepare for a very very cold night. One bonus -- the bathrooms had heat! Pretty good showers too, a ways away....
Mesa Verde was awesome! I learned a lot and it was just great being there - where there was so much history -- that... more travel advice
NYMansour's Related Pages
Cortez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Resting Place in Southwest Colorado"
- "Basaic Cortez Page"
- "Historical Ruins"
- "Mesa Verde Nt'l Monument"
- "4 Squared"
- "gowest2000's new Cortez Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortez
- Hotels in Cortez
- Transportation in Cortez
- Nightlife in Cortez
- Restaurants in Cortez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortez
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cortez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortez
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chinle Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boulder Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rochester Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 5 travelogues
- Springville Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Fe Intro, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buffalo Intro, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taos Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 3 travelogues