"Canyon de Chelly" Top 5 Page for this destination Chinle by NYMansour
Chinle Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 62 photos
I stayed at Canyon de Chelly for 2+ days. You can camp there for free. I ended up sleeping in my car. No problem....I'm short enough where it wasn't too much of a problem. The campground has lots of animals....dogs and cats! I had a great time here....! This is a must see - must do .... take a guided walking tour through the canyon! If you want to go into the Canyon, you must be accompanied by a Navajo Tribal Member as your official guide. You meet up with guides at the tourist info office. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was not over 15$ per person. Expect the walking tour to take up to 4-5 hours. You can take a jeep tour too, but that looked really uncomfortable and bouncy.
Please see travelogue for many many pictures!!!
more info: http://www.nps.gov/cach/
Hiking tour through the Canyon. Your guide will be a resident of the Chinle township/Navajo Reservation. You are not... more travel advice
Please be respectful of the fact that Tours *inside* the canyon are led by Members of the Navajo Nation. more travel advice
NYMansour's Related Pages
Chinle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Canyon De Chelly"
- "2005 and 2009"
- "Canyon de Chelly"
- "Canyon de Chelly National Monument"
- "chinle canyon de chelly"
- "Chinle: In the heart of the Navajo Reserve"
- "The Navajo Nation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chinle
- Hotels in Chinle
- Restaurants in Chinle
- Shopping in Chinle
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chinle
- 5 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chinle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chinle
Photos in ChinleSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chinle Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boulder Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rochester Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 5 travelogues
- Springville Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Fe Intro, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buffalo Intro, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taos Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 3 travelogues