New Zealand Hotel Tips by iandsmith
New Zealand Hotels: 320 reviews and 298 photos
This was pretty much as expected. I've stayed in Copthorne's elsewhere and they all seem to be of a high standard and priced accordingly.
Though the room rate and meal rate was reasonable I did get caught out on the broadband internet. While it worked very well it cost me around $35 for two nights which I thought was a bit outrageous. Turns out I didn't read the small print.
Address: 150 Anzac Avenue , Auckland
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 9-379 8509
The Tui room (least expensive)
Jenny and Bob have set up a slightly upmarket B&B overlooking the seaside of Tairua. It's one of those places you just don't want to leave.
The street ultimately is a dead end so there's not a lot of traffic going past at any time which adds to the allure of the place.
Apart from a spacious bedroom, there's a roomy en suite and then a cosy little lounge with the usual T.V., books and assorted games if the weather is against you.
Everything is spotlessly clean and you'll be well catered for.
It cost us aroung $190NZ per night including breakfast (for two).
If indulgence is something you're looking for, you could do a lot worse.
This is genuine 4 star comfort.
Unique Qualities: Crashing into a comfy bed and waking up to sublime views is something I can learn to live with. Not since I'd been to Taormina (Sicily) had I had such an experience, though it was the epitome of such places.
There's a five minute walk (fairly steep) up to the summit of Paku Hill with views to die for at the top. This is a genuine 360 degrees panorama.
The sumptuous breakfasts and carefree atmosphere left us both wanting more but, sadly, we only had the two nights.
Address: 202 Paku Drive, Tairua
Comparison: more expensive than average
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (47)
- See All ...all the opportunities you give...
- See All Getting High
- See All Key to the Bay of Islands
- Darryl's Dinner Cruise
iandsmith's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shri Ram Guest House Bikaner
- Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
- Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio
- Days Inn Blue Ridge Ga (4970 Appalachian Hwy )
- Imperiale Hotel
- Days Inn West Yellowstone
- Youth Hostel Schaan-Vaduz FL
- STF Fridhemsplan
- Club Residencial
- InterContinental Festival City Dubai
- Goan Holiday Resort
- Florence's Cottage Adelaide
- Posada El Quijote
- Bewleys Hotel Leeds
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 129 Reviews
- 459 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Re: Driving from Perth to Broome..."
- updated a New Zealand Travel Page "iandsmith's new New Zealand Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Paku experience"
- Wrote a Review ...all the opportunities you give them.... in New Zealand Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of Kakapo2's New Zealand travel pages
Read real reviews about New Zealand Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 141 reviews, 334 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (118)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top New Zealand hotels
- Auckland Hotels
- 1042 Reviews - 2303 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 593 Reviews - 1272 Photos
- Queenstown Hotels
- 641 Reviews - 1706 Photos
- Rotorua Hotels
- 480 Reviews - 1216 Photos
- Christchurch Hotels
- 1245 Reviews - 2615 Photos
- Palmerston North Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Tauranga Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Kaikoura Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 681 Photos
- Paihia Hotels
- 118 Reviews - 263 Photos
- Napier Hotels
- 200 Reviews - 520 Photos
- Dunedin Hotels
- 340 Reviews - 803 Photos
- Taupo (town) Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 101 Photos
- New Plymouth Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Matamata Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Oamaru Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Queenstown- 30 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Rotorua- 42 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Auckland- 53 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Adventure Activities- 37 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Northland- 32 Reviews, 53 Photos
- West Coast, South Island.- 21 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Christchurch- 19 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Canterbury- 35 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Fiordland National Park- 23 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Wellington- 19 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All New Zealand Things to Do