New Zealand Restaurant Tips by iandsmith
New Zealand Restaurants: 160 reviews and 132 photos
Pastel sunset before dinner
We hadn't actually been on the bay except for going to Russell so we were looking forward to going on the evening cruise.
To "ease" people in to the evening we each had to do a turn with a ridiculous pair of glasses and a sailor's hat. Of course, I wasn't going to get caught in those (pic 3) but, 5 minutes later, there I was chatting away in this stupid outfit!
It opened up the conversations that everyone was dying to have and by the time we reached the waterfall it was fairly boisterous.
The crew also explained sea birds and mangroves on the way before we dined around the area of the waterfall.
At 2.5 hours it was about an hour short for us as we felt there were many conversations that had a long way to go and, worst of all, there was no tea or coffee at the end!
At $75 it offer you a different experience and, I would suggest it's the type of thing you'd want to do once but probably not repeat.
Favorite Dish: The entree of mussels and prawns was definitely the highlight.
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (48)
- See All ...all the opportunities you give...
- See All Getting High
- See All Key to the Bay of Islands
- See All In the city
iandsmith's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 129 Reviews
- 459 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
- Posted in Travel Cairns Forum "Re: budget and activities ."
- updated a New Zealand Travel Page "iandsmith's new New Zealand Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Paku experience"
- Wrote a Review ...all the opportunities you give them.... in New Zealand Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of Kakapo2's New Zealand travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (121)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Northland- 32 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Bay of Islands- 22 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Wellington- 19 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Rotorua- 42 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Adventure Activities- 37 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Auckland- 53 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Queenstown- 30 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Canterbury- 35 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Christchurch- 19 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Taupo- 17 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All New Zealand Things to Do