"Queensland, a state of mind" State of Queensland by iandsmith
State of Queensland Travel Guide: 8,326 reviews and 20,967 photos
I'll be frank here, I'm from New South Wales. In Australia, that's almost foreign territory for Queenslanders. They believe in their state with a passion. They are Queenslanders first and Australians second. Where I come from we put Australia first and our state second.
As for travelling there, I am biased. I think the place, on a square kilometre by square kilometre basis, is overrated. Its beaches, in Australian surfing terms, are few and they are mostly crowded. Yes, they do have some good breaks but you'll never see them without riders.
If it's tanned bodies you've come to see then you certainly won't be disappointed and, there are heaps of attractions; of the commercial kind on the Gold Coast and elsewhere and more natural when you go inland though the two are intertwined to some degree.
Pictured here is one of my favourite spots, the Glasshouse Mountains about an hour north of Brisbane.
This is a minor tourist attraction out towards Mount Perry, an historic old mining township. Boolboonda Tunnel is... more travel advice
There are more than one restaurants in this chain. This one is located in Brisbane overlooking the river. I chanced upon... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- "Australia Zoo - Aussie animals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 170 Reviews
- 457 Photos
- 45 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Re: Driving from Perth to Broome..."
- Wrote a Review Boolboonda Tunnel in State of Queensland Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boolboonda Tunnel"
- Commented on one of Gentleman75's State of Queensland travel pages
- created a State of Queensland Travel Page "Queensland, a state of mind"
Photos in State of QueenslandSee All Photos (457)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 141 reviews, 334 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (118)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top State of Queensland hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 836 Reviews - 1796 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2193 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1645 Reviews - 3655 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 113 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 417 Photos
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- 186 Reviews - 727 Photos
- Rockhampton Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Mooloolaba Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 385 Photos
- Fraser Island Hotels
- 166 Reviews - 465 Photos
- Townsville Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Magnetic Island Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Hervey Bay Hotels
- 161 Reviews - 319 Photos