"Western Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia by iandsmith
State of Western Australia Travel Guide: 8,014 reviews and 19,753 photos
I chose this picture because it has some of what Perth and Western Australia is about. The shot is taken from Kings Park which is one of Australia's great parks. This represents the wildflowers, native flora and fauna and memorials to more things and people than you will ever remember.
I'm pointing to the old Swan Brewery building. This represents history in terms of western civilization and how it is preserved these days instead of being trashed. The building is now quality apartments and a restaurant.
The background is the city itself. Young, vibrant, cosmopolitan and the most user friendly capital city in Australia.
You have to think, W.A. is the largest state in Australia. When you consider that Australia has cattle stations the size of some European countries you start to get the idea. The idea being BIG. You can't do it all in a week.
The north is different from the south as they both are from the middle.
Anyone who has seen a lot of W.A. plumps for the Kimberleys as number one though the forests down south always linger in the memory. A lot of W.A. has a mind boringly sameness that you wouldn't go and see even if someone paid you. Remember, in this state is the world's longest stretch of straight railroad. The obvious reason being there's nothing out there.
In places it really is one of the most relaxing holiday destinations you could ever hope for, in others truly dramatic, in others still a vast wilderness and, sometimes, it takes a long time to get from point A to Point B with little in between.
Plan your excursion well and you should have a wonderful time out there.
My third trip to W.A. saw me head north after yet another excursion down south. For the first time I saw the Kimberley, the legendary jewel in W.A.'s crown.
For me it was a mixed bag. At times it was truly magnificent but the downside are the big distances between attractions and the poor quality of the roads to get to some. This has a limiting factor on the number of people who actually get to see them.
I saw many of the attractions but the one that stood out for me was undoubtedly Karijini National Park. It is very special.
Another few that I liked were Windjana, Sawtooth Gorge, Emma Falls and the Ragged Range.
- Pros:Friendly, energetic, easy to get around, great weather.
- Cons:It's one of the most isolated capitals in the world and it's a huge state
- In a nutshell:Go there, you'll love it.
One of the more magical places we visited on our Kimberley Cruise was Croc Creek; or, more specifically, the swimming... more travel advice
By law Gary has to demonstrate how to put a life jacket on and inflate it. As he stood on a chair and alternatively... more travel advice
- See All The tortoise
- See All Birds of W.A.
- Whatever takes your fancy
iandsmith's Related Pages
State of Western Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Western Australia"
- "Western Australia - Australias largest state."
- "Look into my big blue skies and long, long beaches"
- "The Golden West"
- "Western Australia"
- "Western Australia"
- "Western Australia- I LUUURRRVE IT!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Western Australia
- Hotels in State of Western Australia
- Transportation in State of Western Australia
- Nightlife in State of Western Australia
- Restaurants in State of Western Australia
- Shopping in State of Western Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Western Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Western Australia
- 142 Reviews
- 489 Photos
- 37 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to State of Western Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Western Australia
- Posted in Travel Melbourne Forum "Re: Different towns"
- updated a State of Western Australia Travel Page "Western Australia"
- Wrote a Review Croc Creek in State of Western Australia Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Croc Creek"
- Commented on one of mikegr's State of Western Australia travel pages
Photos in State of Western AustraliaSee All Photos (489)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 225 reviews, 552 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 150 reviews, 380 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos