"Broadway - maybe Cotswolds" Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway by iandsmith

Broadway Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 148 photos

Another cutie in the Cotswolds

If one is being totally pedantic, Broadway doesn't fit into the Cotswolds but, for all practical purposes, it is a part, and a pretty one at that.
On a personal note I wish that I had visited Broadway first, I feel that I would have gotten more out of it if I had. After driving around narrow country lanes for two weeks you could be forgiven for thinking that I'd be overjoyed with a nicely proportioned and expansive main street but, for me, it detracted slightly from the experience.
Having been to Bibury, Bourton-on-the-Water and the Slaughters I missed that little stream flowing astride the main street and the narrow lanes departing into the fields.
This should not deter you from going here though as the architecture is up to the classic Cotswolds mould and the place has an well kempt air about it, borne, one suspects, of the affluence of its inhabitants.

• Pros:Lovely architecture, good base for day trips, very tidy
  • Last visit to Broadway: Oct 2005
  • Intro Written Dec 23, 2005

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Can't wait to see Broadway for myself. Looks like a great place.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 6:53 AM

Just stopped by to give my regards to Broadway (sorry, I can't help it). Your photos and commentary are brilliant as usual. Thanks for the stop at Dinan. I think you will love it.

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Broadway

Have you been to Broadway?

Latest Activity in Broadway