Corfe Castle Hotel Tips by iandsmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Corfe Castle Hotels: 804 reviews and 7 photos
Mmm, lovely breakfast, lovely view
"Character farmstead accommodation". This self description is a good summation of this quality B&B where we sadly only spent one night before moving on, such is the lot of the traveller who seeks to see everything.
It was spacious and comfortable and the staff were friendly. It was at breakfast that the girl attending our table, on her second day on the job, pointed us to Worth Matravers.
The breakfast was substantial and wholesome and conducted in a lovely atmosphere with views out onto the cottage garden.
There is ample room for parking, such a change from city hassles, and the only noise to disturb you might be the birds in the morning. How terrible to have to put up with that!
Unique Qualities: It is a quality place with an idyllic location on a hilltop with views over Corfe Castle some three miles away. I would even have included a picture except it was so hazy that the one I took barely reveals anything beyond half a mile.
The rooms, by the very nature of it being a converted barn, are huge with beamed ceilings being around ten feet high or so and you oddly have to step up to the large bathroom and toilet area.
They're currently building even more accommodation at the rear of the stylishly converted "byres" where we stayed.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Trust me, once you've reached the Scott Arms Hotel at Kingston (unmissable), turn left, it's the only road and the Courtyard is about half a mile down.
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (15)
iandsmith's Related Pages
Corfe Castle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very English village"
- "A ruin to remember"
- "Where the Norman kings built"
- "Corfe Castle"
- "The village Corfe and its castle!"
- "Rainy ruin ramble"
- "Corfe in the Rain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corfe Castle
- Hotels in Corfe Castle
- Transportation in Corfe Castle
- Nightlife in Corfe Castle
- Restaurants in Corfe Castle
- Shopping in Corfe Castle
- Warnings and Dangers in Corfe Castle
- See All...
Explore the World
- Club Regina Cancun
- Jenny Wiley State Resort Park
- Merrils Beach Resort II
- Regency Inn & Suites I-10
- The Blue Rooms
- King's Hotel
- Lena Apartments
- Palais Bourbon
- Hotel Polatdemir
- Mariner's Inn
- The Boulders Resort And Golden Door Spa
- Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Masters Inn Orlando Maingate
- Tourist Hotel Luzern
Badges & Stats in Corfe Castle
- 16 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Corfe Castle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corfe Castle
Photos in Corfe CastleSee All Photos (21)
Read real reviews about Corfe Castle Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 218 reviews, 513 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 138 reviews, 323 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 94 reviews, 153 photos, 3 travelogues