"Eastbourne - an enexpected delight" Top 5 Page for this destination Eastbourne by iandsmith

Eastbourne Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 207 photos

How beautiful is this?

I was just trying to find a way to Beachy Head and it looked like Eastbourne was an easy target as far as signposts pointing me in the right direction. Then it was just down the road to Beachy Head.
I meant to turn off somewhere driving in to the, it must be said, unattractive entrance to Eastbourne but somehow I missed it and ended up along the ever-so-pretty beachfront. Well, except for the rocky beach which was the first of many I was to see. Coming from a country where you wouldn't walk across the road to a pebble beach perhaps my vision was somewhat coloured.
At least Eastbourne has done something with their foreshore and I give them full marks for that.

• Last visit to Eastbourne: Oct 2005
  • Intro Written Nov 18, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2011 at 1:28 PM

What lovely gardens, and the Cliff's look fantastic! I found it very interesting reading about the Pier, it has had quite a traumatic life!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Turn the clock 37 years ad you might find me on the pier with a bag of pennies plugging away at the slot machines with a bag of pennies from ma Grandmother...I'll be back to look to look at more..Tim

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2005 at 2:25 PM

Great information, Ian, concerning Eastbourne. A really enjoyable read.

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Eastbourne

Have you been to Eastbourne?

Latest Activity in Eastbourne