"A different kind of mountains" Abetone by iandsmith
Abetone Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
Though this shot is taken nearby Abetone it gives a good indication of what the terrain is like in the Appenines.
These are wooded slopes, rarely as steep as the Dolomites, and it is their proximity to Firenze (Florence) that makes them popular with skiers and snowboarders.
They are not as well known internationally so you'll mostly see Italians there (apart from an occasional loopy Australian).
- Pros:Pretty drive, good intermediate skiing
- In a nutshell:You're here for the skiing, not much else
This is taken at the top of Monte Gomito and I basically went off to try every slope from here. Suffice it to say that... more travel advice
The first view of the skifields here for the majority of people is this one, taken at Tapis Roulant. The excellent cable... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Abetone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A different kind of mountains"
- "A cold summer day at Abetone"
- "Skiing in Abetone"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abetone
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Abetone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abetone
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos