"Neolithic and loving it" Capo di Ponte by iandsmith
Capo di Ponte Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 31 photos
Set between mountain ranges the drab face put on by Capo di Ponte is in contrast to the seemingly pristine snow-capped mountains that confine it to the valley floor. Dramatic outcrops either side continually tempt one's vision towards the heavens but it's what was on the slopes that drew me to the town.
Carvings in the rocks, World Heritage listed no less, declared a cultural heritage zone by UNESCO.
In the long stretch of Val Camonica there have been over 180,000 of these prehistoric etchings found.
This is definitely worthy of a stop on your itinerary.
- Pros:The carvings, spectacular mountains
- In a nutshell:An insight into the neolithic
This is the sign that explains the park and what it has to offer. It's located near the entrance. The park has coloured... more travel advice
....it's definitely a horse. Even I recognized this one! At times there are strange shapes but many of the carvings are... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Capo di Ponte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neolithic and loving it"
- "Gateway to Naquane National Park"
- "From Julie Andrews to Fred Flinstone in one day"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capo di Ponte
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Capo di Ponte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capo di Ponte
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 219 reviews, 518 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 138 reviews, 323 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 94 reviews, 153 photos, 3 travelogues